1031 exchange to multiple properties

sfdragonboy I used Ron Ricard ( second time in less than 3 years now ) for this reverse exchange now.

yes US bank does 90-10 LTV helocs .

2 Likes

Muchas Gracias, Senor!!!

Also PM me with an email address and I can introduce you to the Main guy who does helocs for US bank and is like me good buddy. Has done helocs for atleast 5 people in my friend circle but I know him from years and is actually a great friend of mine.

2 Likes

Well, unfortunately I already submitted the tons and tons of paperwork to the person my Tracie said to contact. Thanks though! I already heard from the appraiser who wants to swing by my house for a quick look…

You guys live in the past.

1031 exchange is just another problem piled up on top of your future problems with the IRS. It basically puts a gun on your head for you to make a decision ASAP because of the 45 days window of opportunity to buy another property.

I know a program that will allow you to defer the payment of capital gains for 30 years. The money you could have paid can be invested again and again. At the end of 30 years, if you are alive, you can defer it for another 30 years. You die? Who cares, nobody to pay for that debt.

This program is used on any assets worth $500K or more and where you are going to pay capital gains. Art works, stores, buildings, businesses, etc.

Interested? Send me a private message.

Although I wasn’t planning to use 1031 in the near future but could use it 5-10 years down the road.

So thank you for the education :slight_smile:

Come on @hanera you da The Man! Surely, you knew of this tax strategy (you know so much of everything else…). And keep in mind there is talk this might go away (hence why I am doing it now). Otherwise, why else would I really want to get rid of a positive cash flow 4plex?

To be honest, I wouldn’t get rid of it if I were you. I would do a cash out re-fi and roll the proceeds into down payment for your Millbrae house.

1 Like

Imagine that… now you would have a property each in SF, Peninsula, South Bay, and east bay!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Well, if my buyer can’t pull the trigger I might consider it since one of my Sec 8 tenant’s accepted my buy-out offer. I will remodel that unit and see what the market looks like. This will be my first unit in which I go with some fake hardwood flooring instead of carpeting. Time to move into the 21st century, Dragonboy…

2 Likes

I posted this long ago. Just an example of what you can do to sell your real estate if you are tired of it. Why kicking the can down the road?

I am going to be helping a gentleman at the end of this month so he can start to get rid of 25 properties he owns. He is tired, ready to call it quits, ready to enjoy life and not responding to crazy tenants in the middle of the night. He is going back to where he came from to enjoy la vida loca!

@wuqijun @sfdragonboy any references to a lender who will do cash out refi for investment multi-unit…most lenders Im talking to don’t seem to like those. The fact that it is investment and multi-unit…

PM me for my Tracie contact. She might know of a lender who does.

Ok, I just pinged her. She does have lenders who do cash out refi on investment multi units. If under 4 units considered residential loan. Anything over 4 will be commercial and she also does those.

Hey @cloud,

So, I got the word, I can get a max equity line of 750K at US Bank. Decent? My rate after intro period of 1.99% is supposedly at prime. Pretty good?

@sfdragonboy

Looks really good. How do they make money if they don’t add anything to prime ?..lolz

Did US bank really goto 90-10 LTV for you ?

What’s a 90-10 LTV? Are you guys talking about 100% financing, 90% first loan and 10% second loan

No, unfortunately I really wanted more than 750K but that is the max that I qualified for since I do owe some still on the home. I think I hit my max on the income/debt ratio or something. At least my interest rate is at prime, so I guess we are doing something right…:slight_smile:

It may be best, a reverse exchange is more costly and complicated anyway. I will just do the plain jane sell first and buy later.

I am glad we learned about the equity line though. Probably will keep it active forever since it really is useful should an emergency come up or if an investment opportunity comes up.

I got friends in Canada their ARM rate is negative to prime, it is possible :slight_smile:

1 Like