2018 ACT Exam Scores

Very surprise not to see MVHS, Cupertino High and Homestead High in that list. Not even 1 have perfect score?

No wonder house prices near MVHS is not going up much.

Houses in Homestead High is going up by leaps and bounds, why?

Low ACT score is ok by the way. SJ got 32, BO got 30 :slight_smile:

Fremont has a strong showing. Irvington has 7 and American High has 6. So is the American High area the best bang for buck?

Leland has a strong showing too. @john would be glad to know.

2 Likes

College Prep in Oakland is a very good private school. Pinging @Terri

1 Like

Are kids taking ACT and SAT? Do some schools only have their kids take the SAT? I honestly only hear ACT talked about in the midwest. Everywhere else the SAT is the standard.

Don’t see Millbrae on the list. Maybe students have too much fun drinking boba milk tea? :rage:

Proof?

What about it? It’s a great math school. Forget calculus. Kids learn topology in high school!

2 Likes

Proof hat mvhs didnt rise as much?

I thought you were asking about Proof School.

I think @hanera said the area around MVHS is flatlining compared to Sunnyvale?

No, you drew that conclusion, when hanera@ said why is mvhs is not in the list.

1 Like

From the articles, it looks like they attended training camps specifically to improve their ACT/SAT score. Nothing wrong with that, but I don’t feel it will be an accurate reflection of their aptitude. I heard some parents even prepare their kids for GATE IQ tests.

If parents do that, the measurement becomes less accurate. Consequently these tests will become less relevant.

1 Like

Glad to see Fremont has more representation than say Basis private school.

1 Like

Is basis good?

Popular among the young crowd that are sending their kids to Elementary. They have one branch in Fremont but that one doesn’t have high school I think.

I definitely know 3 kids that got 36 in ACT from Cupertino High in 2018. Monta Vista and Lynbrook will at least have that many. So this list is not correct.

1 Like

But the first thing the counselor told them was that their sons have three strikes against them, especially at private universities: They are Indian, they are male and they want to pursue computer science or engineering.

2 Likes