30 inch wide refrigerators

Hello Everyone,

We are remodeling our kitchen and it looks like if we restrict the refrigerator width to 30 inches, everything else will be great. It’s a small house of 1100 sq ft area and a small kitchen. I found that there are very few refrigerators of that width with ice dispensers. Just looking for advice on whether that’s going to be a huge problem in future. It’s a rental property. Thanks for any feedback.

Rentals don’t need ice dispensers…In fact they are a huge liability…They often leak…

4 Likes

There are 30, 28 and 26 inch fridges. Just make sure to use the space wisely

1 Like

Word of advise:

leave enough space for a big fridge. A family of 4 requires a big fridge.

And they are costly, the manufacturers argue the small ones are not normal to build, aka I will take your money when you are in need.

It happened to us, a huge kitchen, brand new kitchen, with a 32" space for the fridge. What a waste of space around it! We basically had to pay for a small one, for the price of a bigger one.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, everyone! @buyinghouse, our kitchen is really small and it’s the smallest 3 bed 2 bath that you can find. So space is at a premium in the kitchen. We are fine with paying an extra thousand every 10-15 years for a new fridge. The main concern is whether the manufacturers will continue making 30 inch wide models or not.

1 Like

Of course they will…you can always put a spare one in the garage

1 Like

I think, correct me if wrong, in the future, a fridge will be different, much different to the ones today. I think without the famous Freon gas.

Solar baby, solar!