Adobe sets big San Jose expansion for 3,000 workers downtown

San Jose downtown just keeps on winning!

SAN JOSE — Adobe Systems, in a dramatic expansion of its headquarters complex in downtown San Jose, said Thursday it will buy a property near its main offices where it could employ 3,000 more workers.

“It’s an exciting time for Adobe and we continue to thrive and grow as a company,” Jonathan Francom, Adobe’s vice president of employee and workplace solutions, told this news organization in an interview Thursday. “The headquarters building we have in downtown San Jose continues to be a thriving part of our population. We are doubling down on San Jose with this.”

Adobe currently employs 2,500 workers in downtown San Jose who occupy three office towers. Adobe intends to buy parcels that would accommodate a fourth high rise where 3,000 would work, an expansion that would more than double the company’s present San Jose work force and bring the new total to 5,500.

1 Like

You guys better hurry up buying properties down downtown!

1 Like

The Adobe buildings look big to only have 2,500 employees there now. They have offices in Seattle too. They’ve managed the transition to cloud products pretty well.

Adobe together with Microsoft are poster children of subscription based software. Helps when you have monopolies. What’s the alternative to Photoshop?

1 Like

Both led by Telugu Indians and went to same HS back in Hyderabad

Paint Shop Pro. Used it a lot when I was a teenager.

Ahhh…more future clients of mine. Cool!

It’s happening folks!

1 Like

Has Construction for Adobe building begun ? What is the timeline for the new building.

There is no other option but to shift some of the tech action in San Jose .

People living north won’t have a problem commuting opposite direction and then people living as far a Fremont can come to SJ.

What are some of the other companies planning to expand in San Jose. Most of the Tech start-ups are in Peninsula or SF. I can think of only Zoom in San Jose. google and Apple has bought lands but no tangible progress. Heard Apple has hiring freeze in lot of orgs. Not sure what’s google’s plan. Hope google village turn reality in next decade.

There you go

1 Like

Not a tech company but wish him success in his vision!