Amazing Amazon

2 Likes

The amazing AMZN runs Mechanical Turk where it takes a cut of 20%.

Many of these efforts to improve workersā€™ experiences have their limits. To sign up for Dynamo, for instance, workers had to complete a HIT and get a certain code, but Amazon closed the requester account that created those HITs

Erica told me that many of the plugins she had downloaded to find high-quality HITs are not compatible with a recent update Amazon made to Mechanical Turkā€™s website, one reason sheā€™s making less money than she used to.

But for one segment of the labor marketā€”less-educated workers in depressed areasā€”there is no economic boom.

More and more workers will continue performing grueling work for penniesā€”much like Americans did a century agoā€”with no way out.

Sadly, Iā€™m not surprised. The gig economy pays terrible for the vast majority of people.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazon-stock-rises-after-analyst-raises-target-to-1800-new-street-high-2018-01-25

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-26/jd-enlists-tencent-as-it-prepares-to-take-on-amazon-in-the-u-s

1 Like

manch,

Here come the Chinese, the acid test that you want!

Liu wants to sell to the Chinese people in US. I donā€™t think taking on Amazon directly at its home turf is wise. But if heā€™s only after the Chinese people here then sure.

JD is my 10x ticket. I wish him nothing but success.

BTW there is a Great War in China between Tencent and Alibaba. Pony Ma is making so many deals itā€™s amazing. While Jack Ma is out in Davos schmoozing with celebrities.

You like JD over Tencent as a stock investment? Is it because JD is just much smaller so they have a longer run way for growth?

I like Tencent much more. More than alibaba and even Facebook. But itā€™s very big already. Canā€™t go 10x. JD has a chance to.

1 Like

We Stole Tampons from the Cashier-less Amazon Go Store

I always thought Tencent was a rapper. Like 50centā€¦

2 Likes
2 Likes

Funny AF.

Itā€™s the new trend:

1 Like

That would explain how Elon managed to sell out his flame throwerā€¦

2 Likes

Really funny ad. Good one Jeff. Now go back and make me more money!!

2 Likes

Heā€™s the discount version.

2 Likes

That was really odd.

1 Like
1 Like

Not goodā€¦