Amazing Amazon

The old borders space in Palo Alto is beautiful and will work wonderfully as an Amazon store. It will also be poignant to the point of trolling.

1 Like

Yes, I suppose this would be on your list after you develop a time machineā€¦

1 Like

20 straight years of revenue growth over 10%

Hey, hey, hey, that invisible hand idea is mine!!!

Adam Smith

Online retail is only 8.3% of total retail sales. I wonder where the equilibrium point is in terms of brick and mortar vs. online sales? At some point, online will stop taking market share from brick and mortar.

Not if @Jil can help it with the occasional love seat purchaseā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about purchases by wives??? I didnā€™t give ā€œpermissionā€ to her, eitherā€¦:slight_smile:

Yes, I know, the Big A briefly hit 1K todayā€¦

3 Likes

@sfdragonboy As the saying goes, ā€œhappy wife, happy life.ā€ You may want to think about if thatā€™d make your wife happy or unhappy.

Yes, I realize that we men recite that saving 28 times out loud each morning as we are brushing our teeth in the wee early morning to go out into the big wide world to bring home the bacon and while I should thank you for reminding me of that mantra (thank you) I would like to be simply selfish for onceā€¦just onceā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

If men were honest with themselves, they would realize they waste far more money in the name of investment. In that case, failed investments.

Amazon is hungryā€¦

1 Like

This is the kind of shenanigans we donā€™t needā€¦ BREAK UP AMAZON!!!

Itā€™s only if youā€™re using the storeā€™s free wifi. Why should a store give you wifi, so you can comparison shop? They are paying for the wifi.

They can block mobile data (LTE, 4G etcā€¦) within the stores. A lot of big box stores in US have pretty poor reception anyway so folks probably wouldnā€™t notice.

Whatā€™s jarring is that, this ā€œpatentā€ will turn out to be frivolous; I canā€™t imagine Amazon exercising this patent and preventing competitors from doing the same. Itā€™s like Uber applying surge prices (different issue, but from customersā€™ perspective), and preventing Lyft from doing so. :wink:

God, even mighty Nike kowtows to Amazon!!!

1 Like

I donā€™t know why Nike needs Amazon. The shipping on their own web site is free and pretty fast.

1 Like

Remember if Nike stall is not in Gilroy outlet center or other Malls, what the buyers (mall visitors) do?. They choose other available shoes.

Amazon conceptually a market place like Big malls or outlet center.

Amazon announced selling Shoes directly using their market place. If Nike is not selling, buyers will not have Nike shoes in Amazon and choose other shoes. Nike needs to list through amazon to compete with other competitors.

2 Likes