Amazon HQ2

But where are they going to put all these people? Ever higher skyscrapers??? Come on, give the little guys a chance!!!

1 Like

Amazon can move into trump tower. Imagine what trump will do for bezos!!

NY sucks…if The Big Apple actually thinks it has a shot at this, the Fab 7x7 should also throw its hat in (without any freaking conditions or wants, like you better build a zillion affordable homes, etc)…

What if bezos wants SF middle schools to teach algebra again? No deal!!

1 Like

Two words for you: HOME SCHOOL

Bezos already given up on Americans. All 50,000 of those workers will be H1B holders from Chindia :rofl:

Isn’t Toronto a top contender? Is Canadian tax much worse than Seatlle or SF?

1 Like

Austin appears to be the choice unless other cities can offer far better deals especially on tax.

NYC has a vacant 8 million sqft place? If there is one, would Amazon pay peanuts for it or getting it free?

1 Like

I prefer Inchin :slight_smile: putting country first!

ch india has the full name of india, chic India you don’t like? in china means in China, and you like?

First doesn’t mean good :slight_smile: Apple doesn’t aim to be first to market :slight_smile:

No need to do that… going second is actually a modest way of saying you are actually better, as in “ladies and gentlemen”… oops I did not say that… wasn’t thinking… :rofl:

He is an indian, different culture, has to be direct and obvious. InChina is good :slight_smile: I like it.

Inchina??? :rofl:

Not so much of different culture thing, I’m a millennial. Like to sound of first much better :slight_smile:

Plus china needs to stay away from occupying Indian territory illegally and throwing money at and cozying upto Pakistan. Stay Away!

1. Will tech employees want Canadian healthcare over a quality private plan in the US? I don’t know anyone that’d prefer Canadian healthcare.
  2. Canadian income tax rates are similar to the US, but they don’t get our deductions. They actually pay the rates you see which means they pay about 2x more.
  3. Province rates are worse than California and Washington has no state income tax. Province taxes aren’t deductible against their federal income tax.

13% VAT in Ontario which is higher than any state sales tax.

Federal tax rates:
15% on the first $45,916 of taxable income, +
20.5% on the next $45,915 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $45,916 up to $91,831), +
26% on the next $50,522 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $91,831 up to $142,353), +
29% on the next $60,447 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $142,353 up to $202,800), +
33% of taxable income over $202,800.

Ontario income tax rates:
5.05% on the first $42,201 of taxable income, +
9.15% on the next $42,203, +
11.16% on the next $65,596, +
12.16% on the next $70,000, +
13.16 % on the amount over $220,000

1 Like

Amazing that China and India have border dispute when they are so far apart, it shows both are very large nations. Read up a bit on the dispute, not worth disputing about. Must be a negotiating tactics on other issues.

chindia is coined by non-Chinese. Chinese always put others ahead of themselves in naming. Is a show of respect to do so. Chinese believes in showing other respects to earn their respects. So you won’t have a problem with being first when working with a Chinese.

Really? I though Chinese people always put themselves first, as in Sino-American, Sino-Japanese, etc. Chinese people believe they are the center of civilization and all the rest are barbarians.

1 Like

So do Indians hate China more or Pakistan more?

wuqijun,

You’re getting further and further off-topic.
Want to visit Austin suburbs especially 78759, 78758, 78727 and Robinson ranch tract?
I can show you around and may be visit a strip club… haven’t been to one, so curious :slight_smile: