Amzn stock--is it bubblicious

You want to join in for a dim sum lunch 5 years (or earlier if you are eager to know who I am :slight_smile: ) from now?

Few people foresaw Amazon would climb to 1300 so fast. If you didn’t, like the rest of us, how confident should you be on the “will fall to 1100” prediction?

The only thing we can judge is amazons fundamentals. Prices do what prices do. They go up and down. All we can do is follow. No need to predict.

No, but every $$ is going to make a difference in this race… That said, it sounds like holding until we’re closer to actually buying somethig might be best given what everyone is saying here.

Terri, a MIT alumni, is seeking advice from a group of bloggers here, let’s check their track record:

wuqijun - A scholar. A biologist. Make his fortune, currently estimated as $6 million, from stocks and RE.

manch - A UCB alumni (correct?). A CAD/CAM guy. Currently net worth estimate at $7.5 million. Make his fortune from RE & running an import-export biz. Just started to dabble in stocks, I think 2 years ago.

BAGD - Not a degree holder? Didn’t make much money yet.

John - Holds a few degrees.

1 Like

I own AAPL as well. I don’t care who wins the race finally. :slight_smile:

But I do see AAPL has more problems down the road. I see more quality issues from Apple devices, detrimental to their image and exacerbating the next point. I also feel less people view AAPL as a status symbol - a dangerous sign for a luxury brand.

2 Likes

I hold a few useless degrees, working in unnamed companies and living paycheck to paycheck. :rofl:

2 Likes

Why do you spread rumors about my education?

2 Likes

I didn’t go to UCB. I started dabbling in stocks maybe 15 years ago? Only last year it grew to a significant portion of my networth.

1 Like

So you were only successful in stocks for 1 year?

Don’t sell…A sale just guarantees a 25-35% loss in state and Fed taxes…unless held in an IRA

Or you can spin it the other way. My RE blew up after the Great Recession. :smile:

1 Like

Before your RE blowup, stocks should be a big part of your portfolio?

Curiously what happened last year? Did your stocks appreciate by 200% or did you use a 5:1 margin? Did you trade options? I don’t understand how one year makes such a difference

Just luck. I was lucky last year. Let’s see if my luck continues this year.

What’s your stock return last year? We need to know when to call ourselves lucky

1 Like

Don’t be shy. Share your lucky story. We need to rub a little of those luck from you.
What is your asset distribution now… RE vs Stocks vs Cash.

1 Like

+1

I also wish that I can be lucky in 2018 on stocks. Less opportunities in RE, might as well find some luck in stock market

3X my stock money last year. Like I said, just lucky.

Net stock to net properties is about 45:55. Cash negligible.

2 Likes

Oh, your average stock price doubled with a 1:1 margin?

I’m 40:60… I bought too many houses… :laughing:

2 Likes

Bigger than I thought.

I see you have been 深藏不露.