Amzn stock--is it bubblicious

Lost to wuqijun by a whisker, his return is 38.7% :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t become a joke when you tell your story here that it went sour or kind got nothing selling in desperation.

Do whatever you think is OK with yourself, stop listening to what others think you should do. If you feel you are in a pre-bubble, sell and cash out and buy your home, that’s on you.

I bet you read the story about how Facebook IPO thread went on Redfin. Idiots and whatnot were the names received by both those buying the stocks or those not buying.

At the end, those who believed in their feelings won. Those negative people, oh well…they continue with Bitcoin and so on. :smiley:

This is the Internet world. If you say education is over rated, they would guess you have no degree. If you say people lied to be an accredited investor, they would think you are not eligible. People expect you to always say good things about your own stuff, you can not be objective. Maybe even in the anonymous online world, you still need self promotion just like at the workplace.

When discussing general issues, I do not have to talk about myself. In fact, it’s more helpful to talk about the general population in order to form a balanced opinion.

Pretty sure you mentioned you had a tenant here and there at one point (yes I am observant; granted you might be bluffing but who cares). Unfortunately sometimes you cannot stay as private as you would like because things spill out.

Yeah, I know. When I go back through the years, the returns average around 15% and we are ok with that.

Anything higher than S&P historical annualized return of 7-11% is good.
I am aiming for 18%

10% is fine with me. Running to the bank laughing with 10%… :rofl:

1 Like

I know how you can make more than 10% after taxes but…:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I’m not greedy; happy with 10% pre-tax… :rofl:

Come on! Just send me your information, and a check written to: …:smiley:

Others said it, I can make people rich. :wink::blush:

Oh well, since they believe in me, I am going to do it with you as an example. Ready? :scream:

Need 12 years to catch up with manch’s 3x a year.:sob::sob:

So if I can summarize this thread, everyone–rich, poor, educated, not educated, probably educated but won’t admit it–says Hold in Amazon until you need the cash?

Is that a good summary?

3 Likes

I won’t tell you what, buy I had a thingy in the stock market last year, or the year before or the year before. I could have made lots of money if I cashed it today. But the opportunity I had to invest back home made me do what I did. No regrets. I can go back there and retire now, but that’s a no-no in my list.

Not until I am 75 years old.

I will be dead then! :laughing:

Now, if I had a crystal ball…:roll_eyes:

Manch runs an import/export biz? That used to be a front for CIA operative cover. Manch with a trench coat?:open_mouth:

1 Like

Terri, if me, I would keep unless you see something that may cause long term type losses or you see much better opportunity. I have Amazon for the 2nd time and do not plan on selling anytime soon. My husband moves around more with stocks. He likes taking profits, sits out and invest when something is down. I’m generally buy and hold at least 2-3 years. Some for a very long time, like a good marriage.

2 Likes

What? How long do those good marriages last? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I only do imports, no exports. Definitely not a CIA agent. :wink:

Like any CIA agent would say. :laughing:

1 Like

If you had a $1M portfolio growing at 3x per year, you will be a billionaire after 5 years. Congratuations!!! :rofl:

thanks for reminder.