As an immigrant, I am appalled, and Disappointed

NO ITALIANS ALLOWED

Can you imagine that the same people being quiet about discrimination against an entire race or culture, thus becoming racist had their own grandparents being the subject of something similar or worse?No Italians allowed

Man, if you are an immigrant, your peeps were probably discriminated against at some point. I don’t need to provide examples of what we Chinese went through right? Remember now, we did contribute and build the railroads of this fine country back in the day. But again, we pulled up our boots by the bootstraps and just worked through it over these long centuries to raise our status and financial standing. Yeah, we will still get the occasional slight, say by Hollywood or someone who should know better, but we press on. My fav line again: don’t keep knocking on the door; go and buy the freaking house that that door is attached to…

2 Likes

People who live in the past are doomed to stay there.
All the blaming and whining won’t solve the immigration problems of today. We need immigration reform and border control. The solution will have to be a compromise and will be painful for everyone…Bush and Obama tried, Trump just wants to get it done…hopefully something is done to help DACA and control our borders.
Look at Europe…their borders are now wide open. In 50 years it won’t be Europe anymore…

1 Like

Not while the racist conservative bunch keep their mouth shut for the sake of this nation.

Please forward your complaint to the 5th grader commie, vulgar, racist president in the white house. The elections are over, stop complaining about democrats and Obama.

And sign the sanctions against Russia or be seen as the treasonous, and coward draft dodging president he is.

By the way? Wall against what? Most of illegal immigration nowadays is via immigrants over staying. Millions upon of millions are here after not leaving when their time allotted on their visas expired.

Melania is an example. A working girl, you know, nude model, oh boy! She overstayed, and worked, thus violating the immigration laws, but of course, that is OK. That is an example to follow, right?

As long as everyone stays in their partisan positions nothing will be solved

1 Like

Exactly!

There’s a program to legalize dreamers. That’s it!

The wall? Only the stupid, ignorant, dumb can support that.

Why? That wall, was not an idea to be voted down the road, no, it was a promise said one too many times and the Mexicans would pay for it. And, it is not something that is going to be voted on, then changed because democrats want this or that, no, it is not like Obamacare that got destroyed by Obama when he added republican ideas to it. The wall was a partisan promise.

So, the wall is out of legislation. Keep it out!

It was one of the 2,000 lies from the Fuhrer!

The Irish have a long history of being discriminated against including slavery. No one talks about it.

1 Like

There is a reason why Democrats folded and are no longer talking of govt shutdown for DACA.

1 Like

Many conservatives have a loose relationship with facts.

The right-wing denial of what most people think of as accepted reality starts with political issues: As recently as 2016, 45 percent of Republicans still believed that the Affordable Care Act included “death panels” (it doesn’t). A 2015 poll found that 54 percent of GOP primary voters believed then-President Obama to be a Muslim (…he isn’t).

I will repeat the same thing for those dumb and hard to convince:

THE WALL IS GOING TO BE PAID FOR BY MEXICO! :smile::smile::smile:

Even the Democratic leadership is not against the Wall. First it is not really a wall, second it will take forever to complete, third they can scrap it after Trump is gone.
The Trump compromise pissed off everyone. Probably means it’s close to something that might actually get passed

3 Likes

Above are cartoons called Hogan’s Alley sketched by late 19th century cartoonist RF Outcault.

One particular star of the Hogan’s Alley Cartoons was the Yellow Kid, in image two. The Yellow kid’s appearance is half child, half ape, and half man and caricatures Irishman/boys at the time. Image four portrays the typical stereotyped Irishman with his top hat and simian face. In many of these images there are blacks and Asians grossly caricatured as well.

Bostonians and Americans, held the Irish in such low opinion that they
they were lumped in with the two other denigrated racial groups in this time period, the blacks and the Asians.

These cartoons were featured regularly in Boston newspapers. And it would have been what Joseph P. Kennedy, Rose Kennedy and their families would have seen on a regular basis.

CHURCHILL AND THE BEASTIE PEOPLE.

As I said, as an immigrant, I find appalling that some immigrants, be them Irish, Indians, Italians, Russians, and whatnot are quiet about the rhetoric the liar president is using to depict other races of nationalities that are not “white”.

Here, something that will piss the Indian participants on this forum.

My apologies but if you are quiet by not siding with the other group being radicalized and discriminated by the thug in the white house you may have forgotten this, or you really don’t care about discrimination and racism.

“I hate Indians, they are beastly people with a beastly religion”

Who said it? Churchill.

If you read as I do, you will find out that Churchill, same as Thatcher, are idols for the conservative people.

It is unsurprising that when Barack Obama became President, he returned to Britain a bust of Churchill which he found on his desk in the Oval office. According to historian Johann Hari, ‘Mr. Obama’s Kenyan grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama, was imprisoned without trial for two years and was tortured on Churchill’s watch, for daring to resist Churchill’s empire’.

Apart from being an unrepentant racist, Churchill was also a staunch proponent of the use of ‘terrorism as a weapon of war’.

Yes, I am disappointed as an immigrant to read that some immigrants, by being quiet, are supporting racists like Churchill and the bone spurs cadet in the white house.

& this is why …

Pages 67,68,69,70,71,72, 73,74

1 Like

Deflection.

Unfortunately, racism is present, even among those immigrants that once heard from grandma or grandpa the humiliations they suffered from the hands of others.

It’s a shame that they keep quiet about it. History shouldn’t repeat itself in this country.

Denounce it!

no Chinese

No Chinese2

“Chinese and dogs not allowed” is well known to be a public notice that insulted the Chinese during the semi-colonial era. But this sentence has publicly appeared in front of a factory on Yuannan Street in Lihuan District, Guangzhou. But the people at the factory did not think much of it, and they even claimed that this was ‘freedom of speech.’

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A presidential candidate was barnstorming across Los Angeles over the weekend, reaching out to Mexican migrants, blasting President Trump and calling for protection for illegal immigrants.

The twist: he is running for president of Mexico. :rofl:

2 Likes

Is this meddling of American politics? Is this foreign subversion of US government?

Yes it is, and we have also done it for many years.

2 Likes

If he’s so worried about them, then he should take them back home.