Bay Area Chugging Along

Yes, it does as of like a year ago, but for multiunits, i think it does not affect SFRs.

1 Like

Ooooh, is subletting expressly forbidden in your lease???:wink:

Yep, basically only affects apartments and the 8-plexes. Not SFR, condos, or townhouses.

1 Like

I have been month to month for like 4 years now :slight_smile:

Time to move. An $1800/m apartment canā€™t be very nice, especially for a millionaire

OH for sure, itā€™s time to move. I want to stay in MTV, though, and i have high expectations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry you already wasted four years. Donā€™t wait to buy RE, buy and wait. Those four years cost a lot of equity potentialā€¦ High standards were very costly.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true, and i regret that. things i learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fremont would be the best betā€¦

1 Like

No east coast, I think our best bet is SVL, then MTV.

You are making a typical non native mistake. I bought my first house in Oakland and commuted to San Mateo.
My equity in that house went up seven fold in four years.
Donā€™t bet against the east bayā€¦

1 Like

Ok - you are convincing me about this, but i think i might want to get it as investment instead of primary residence.

1 Like

Keep your cheap apartment and buy a mansion in the east bay and just commute a couple of days a week

1 Like

lol - i think i am good without a mansion, too much hassle.
I prefer to buy 2 east bay houses, and a sfr in mtv - which i will do.

I just wondered - would having an investment house impact the loan interest and stuff on primary? In other words, should i wait to buy in easy coast or just buy it now while i still look for primary residence?

1 Like

All depends on your income.

my income depends on the lender, some count google stocks as income most donā€™t.

Do you know reasonable lenders for this kind of scenario?

Ask Sfdragonā€¦ I donā€™t talk to lenders. Although I do lend hard moneyā€¦

1 Like

@sfdragonboy your help is needed :slight_smile:

Try Schwab