Bay Area homes about to increase vs exurbs

$3 increase to bridge tolls. Connecting Caltrain to downtown SF is good. $500M on cars for BART is stupid. This is why public transit is such a horrible idea. It loses millions a year in operating costs, and you have to find capital projects on top of it. They want to take money from people driving cars to fund it. How about they make tickets what they really cost to run the system?

1 Like

Exactly, Fab 7x7 homes just went up again…cuz ya have to get to yo job, right??? Pay or take Bart. Uh, I’d pay too (for carpooling maybe, not sitting in traffic to get through toll booth)

1 Like

Can you imagine a business running like that? Hey, we want to increase the cost of this service by $3, because we can’t manage our costs right. Then customers get together and actually vote to approve the price increase. I swear people have this an amazing disconnect when evaluating government vs. their own purchasing decisions.

So it’s giving BART an excuse to increase its fares drastically again…what a bummer…

I remember when the Bay Bridge toll was 25 cents each way. And they promised to get rid of the toll when it was paid off…Another reason not to trust government

1 Like