Be afraid: China is on the path to global technology dominance

I understand that, except some people just…bitch…like the bitching about the stupidvisor? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, at least we have one guy here who left this area. And still moaning about this place. Shouldn’t he be fixing his new place? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Beggars in Jinan in China’s eastern province of Shandong use QR codes, the technology used by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.’s [NYSE:BABA] Alipay and Tencent Holdings Ltd.’s [HKG:0700] WeChat Wallet, in hopes of getting money transferred to them by passersby with smartphones.

One panhandler in Jinan’s Wangfu Chizi held a basket with a QR code on it, China.org.cn report, citing accounts from internet users.

The basket-bearer reportedly suffers from mental illness and the QR code was given to him by his family. When reporters’ search for him failed, local business owners said that the beggars might not be ‘working’ due to the rain, but are always around when the weather is good.

Residents living in areas frequented by tourists, such as Qushuiting Street and Wangfu Chizi, said that some local beggars use WeChat — and some even have a POS (point of sale) machine.

1 Like

Career beggars?

I have never seen SF beggars that innovative.

Chinese beggars have an average IQ of 100… higher than the American national average.

1 Like

How about them investing in food safety first…like getting rid of their fake eggs.

1 Like

I am still wondering how much they can make with fake egg. Wouldn’t it cost more to make something look like egg?

1 Like

They stop making fake eggs a while back, those people say cost of making fake egg rises so much they won’t able to make a profit on it.

2 Likes

China industrial growth is booming too. Catepillar had 46% sales growth in Asia which is mostly China for them. That’s huge.

1 Like

China’s real estate boom lately is driven by corporation( yes, they cannot make any money in their own business, now pulling out all the money in jacking up real estate to make a profit)
So how long can that last, no one knows. but quite danerous in my view. musical chair starts.

1 Like

There’s been rumors for years that China is in a RE bubble. I remember photos of ghost cities that were built, but people didn’t move to them. So much of the debt is local government, so it’s impossible to know how big the potential problem is. Some how their RE market keeps going up though.

1 Like

It’s a little different this time. From one of the news i saw, Public company since i think around 1.5 yrs ago start pulling out their core business and invest in real estate. In my areas , price has gone up double within couple months. and local government is not stopping it because that’s the only way to keep the goal of the growth. So pretty awkward situation right now.

1 Like
1 Like

Any WeChat users here? I only use it for chat and sometimes Moments. Is there anything else inside in the U.S. version app worth using?

My wife is a WeChat addict. I fire it up just to clear the notifications. The US version is too castrated to be interesting.

They have a feature to hook up with fellow WeChat users in your vicinity. But no surprise most on there are old dudes looking to hit on young women. Sad…

Today’s random Chinese video.

What’s so sad about old dudes hitting on young women? Don’t discriminate against old people… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

China is so powerful, now they control our president. You know, the one spouting “China is a currency manipulator” to saying now “oh, look at China, they are nice”:scream:

1 Like

Random thoughts from the Donald, aka your drunk buddy…

1 Like