Bitcoin's 10 trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Do NOT own gold… history has proven it to be a horrible investment…

OK…think about it.

There’s a tremendous unrest, civilians are looking for anything of value, basically food and water. That is going to be your first line of defense, to capture food and water. And to pay that or at least bribe you won’t have time to be online pushing a button to send whatever to the seller. Noo way Jose!

Basically, there won’t be gold, silver nor $s that can save you from starvation. Care and feed your dogs, get them fat for the occasion…:smile::joy:

Doomsday scenario is the last thing to have to worry about… because when that comes you will just vanquish like smoke… no worries :wink:

We’re talking about what to store under your bed for emergencies that won’t lose value in a fire (and presumably can be exchanged for food when the internet is down). What’re you recommending?

Donate to the local church… Jesus coming to the rescue in such event… :rofl:

1 Like

One bitcoin is now worth less than $5,900, down 25 percent from Wednesday’s high above $7,800. Meanwhile, the currency of a rival, spinoff network called Bitcoin Cash has doubled to more than $1,500 over the same four-day period.

This is good news for one side in Bitcoin’s ongoing civil war—the side that sees an urgent need to boost the network’s capacity to deal with growing congestion and rising transaction fees. People in this camp have been flocking to Bitcoin Cash after a plan to expand the capacity of the main Bitcoin network fell apart on Wednesday.

“Bitcoin Cash is what I started working on in 2010,” tweeted Gavin Andresen on Saturday. “A store of value AND means of exchange.” It was a pointed dig to the mainstream Bitcoin network, where slow transactions and rising fees have made it an increasingly unappealing way to make everyday payments.

The cool kids are now on Bitcoin Cash. Maybe people should buy BCH instead of BTC? Price is only $1500, that’s 1/4 of Bitcoin.

Bought 100,000… wish me luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Is your last name Draper?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-10/bitcoin-is-no-bubble-says-investor-with-213-million-stake

Why you only paid pocket change for your stock gambling then? Let’s sink an additional 1000 shares into each of the FANGs… come on now… :rofl:

Works after every shooting, doesn’t it? :+1::+1:

1 Like

Talking about 10x? Hey, that is entertainment… got paid for being entertained… what’s not to like… no need to be that greedy… the one that matter which is doing very well under Tim, the power of handing over control to someone way more competent than yourself :rofl: Curiously, many people don’t seem to understand that… prefer to control everything… ok only if you enjoy it such as you love to do RE property management yourself and flipping, although is not my cup of tea… still awaiting whether you would property management for my future Concord SFHs for free or a very low token sum… let me remind you that Austin has zero state income tax so tax reform won’t affect workers, and most SFHs are low enough that they can claim 100% of property tax :slight_smile: Any employers in SFBA wanting to attract workers from Austin has to pay a bigger premium than now :roll_eyes:

Hey, no such thing as free lunch here. You want some work done for you, then pay up! :rofl:

Although, I don’t really do property management. I do know a great realtor who wouldn’t mind doing the whole thing for you from buying to renting. In fact, she just texted me the other day asking if I know anyone who would want to buy a rental in Antioch. If you are interested PM me… :wink:

I think we now have a candidate for the next financial crisis. I am with Thomas. It’s an extremely bad idea to trade bitcoin derivatives and futures in the same platforms as all other normal instruments. It’s one thing to trade BTC on niche websites. It’s entirely different to do it in the main house.

1 Like

Yes, the point is Bitcoin will be 100k per pop before it crashes. 120B/200B market cap cannot be called a crash.

I’ve been approached by more than one guy with something similar to Bitcoin. There are one too many out there, kind of multilevel marketing.

If Bitcoin had exclusive rights to be the only one currency in the world, it would be worth so much, but having competitors kind of takes the Ebay effect where a rare thing is not sold anymore because everybody found one in their garage sailing outings.

Cracking $8,000 any day now.

Total market cap of all crypto-currencies is now 230B. Maybe we need to worry when it hits 1T? :scream: :scream: :scream:

Bitcoin Cash is the new cool kid.

1 Like

What’s the best way to speculate on Bitcoin? Coinbase is good for trading bitcoins, but is there any other ways to speculate on it?

My concern is that Bitcoin will become less useful as currency when each coin is worth too much money. Is it possible to use fractional botcoin? For example, if a criminal’s Bitcoin is worth 100k per coin, how can he use Bitcoin to buy grocery?

Only criminals use bitcoins for real. 99% of people trade them for speculation. If you want to be part of the bubble just buy bitcoins off coinbase. It’s most liquid and direct. No intermediary like ETF or futures. Simple direct ownership.

1 Like

Tulip mania all over again… :scream:

1 Like