Case Study: Sunset/Parkside Homes On The Market

Ok, I might have gotten it mixed up with Wolf brand. Still around?

Donā€™t know about Wolf, but Iā€™m flipping a home in Lafayette, which should sell for over $1M, and Iā€™m considering installing Viking appliances to spice things upā€¦

Not this one, right???:grinning: Itā€™s gonna need more than Viking appliances to be spiced up for marketā€¦

Ouchā€¦ I am the faint hearted as far as this one goes. Will not touch it with a 10 foot pole!

Branding wise - Wolf (red knobs)/SubZero (same company now) > Viking

1 Like

Subzero is overated crapā€¦High cost high maintenance. .Kitchenaid is just as goodā€¦Wolf is known for commercial rangesā€¦I now have a Wolf double ovenā€¦takes too long to heat upā€¦The previous owner never used itā€¦12 years old looks brand newā€¦Cool blue interior thoughā€¦And extra heavy racks

Kitchen appliances are all about fashionā€¦Want the best, go to Purcell Murray in Brisbane. ā€¦has LaCornue and all the fancy shit. Staring at $56kā€¦

http://www.lacornueusa.com/chateau

Not the cheapest, but only the best appliancesā€¦Plus they have cooking classesā€¦

http://www.purcellmurray.com/

Too high end for me. I think Viking is the most I would go for in a fancy flip. I myself uses whirlpools at home and get my cabinets from granite expoā€¦ yes, Iā€™m a very economy minded person.

Just go for the cooking classesā€¦Great place to meet women. .

3 Likes

Come on, not the Martin Yan sponsored placeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Isnā€™t it a requirement that if you have a Rousseau home that you have to go high end? Comes with the territoryā€¦ It would be like putting fuzzy dice in that Costco Mclaren sports carā€¦:grinning:

Why? The previous owner didnā€™t even have a dishwasher. So no, I donā€™t think inner sunset Rousseau home owners are high end people.

GE is the not too expensive and not too cheap brand. So I have mostly GE :grinning: appliances.

1 Like

Buy used vikings for fancy flips. Dont need to pay for a brand new one. No one cares if its sparkling new, as long as viking logo is there

I do have a used one. However it is very dated. Looks like a Viking fridge from the 90s. No, have to get a new oneā€¦

I meant a few year old ones, a buddy of mine got them for 50c on the dollar.

1 Like

Viking range only. .Use Kitchenaid for everthing elseā€¦or maybe GE Monogramā€¦Good for highend

I always used McPhails in SJ for my appliance supplierā€¦Mcphails may not be around anymoreā€¦On low end flips I like Loweā€™s or HDā€¦Can buy a stainless package for less than $2kā€¦For rentals, it is easy to find deals on white goods on craigslistā€¦People practically give them away when switching to stainless

1 Like

I recently bought a stainless steel package for about $1500 for my rental. But turns out that tenant doesnā€™t event want the fridge. Quite the wasteā€¦

@RealEstatebull are you still actively flipping? In what area?

Hey @manch, no not all by myself.
investing with folks that are experienced. Hard to find good delas to do just myself.

Iā€™m looking for buy and hold properties though.

Shoot, mind as well add this one for discussion. Big, redone Outer Sunset tunnel entranced beauty and priced fairly high from the get-go. No low teaser pricing here! What say you? Will the high start price be its undoing? I will go with 1.5M just to pick a number.