Citywise july 2017 data

Wonder when some politicians wake up and realize it is a big issue. 30-year fixed is a very risky for banks and lenders.

1 Like

You mean tax payers who back freddie/fannie.

I don’t think most people understand Australia and guns. They didn’t ban guns. Citizens can still own them.

“A person who possesses or uses a firearm must have a firearm licence. Licence holders must be at least 18 years of age, have a “genuine reason” for holding a firearm licence[1] and must not be a “prohibited person”. All firearms in Australia must be registered by serial number to the owner, who also holds a firearms licence.”

“A lot of people think there aren’t any guns in Australia any more, but there are. By some estimates there is one gun for every seven people.”

The rules aren’t all that different than the US. They require 30-day waiting period which is longer. They do the same criminal background check. Gun serial numbers are tracked same as the US. They require a safety course while the US does not. There are more similarities than differences.

I always laugh at the suggestion that gun laws would fix the violent crime problems. Just look at history. Prohibition was a huge success. Making certain drugs illegal has completely taken them off the streets. Of course banning guns would completely get rid of them.

If you want to fix violent crime, then you might want to look for other differences between the US and Australia.

Yes they taste better, but dinner meals at most Chinese restaurants are expensive. Simple dishes like sweet & sour pork and salt & pepper squid cost 28 AUD each (in SF they are around $12-13??). I didn’t want to pay that kind of money on these staple food, so I ended up spending a little bit more to eat seafood and buffets at hotels instead. Pricing at lunch (dim sum) is quite reasonable though. Here’s a sample of what I ate:

The live green lip abalones were so good that I had to encore another round. The jumbo shrimps were bigger than my hand… :relaxed:

2 Likes

Haven’t eaten any so far. Doubt I’ll eat any on this trip since my parents don’t like that type of food (they only like Chinese food or seafood). My mom liked the rock oysters they served at the buffets (small but fresh).

How does the Sydney housing price compare with SF? Is it on par?

With SF’s cheap food, you should be able to afford a bigger mortgage at least :grinning:

What not even filet o fish from McDonald’s? My mom craves that once a while…

@harriet is eating double orders of abalone and you are suggesting McDonald’s??? Oh man…

Sydney is playing in the RE world league. SF isn’t even in the top 10. Weak sauce.

1 Like

That’s good… it means SF is way undervalued and has lots of room to grow!!! :money_mouth_face: :heart_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

I passed by a McDonald’s today at Canberra and went in just for kicks. McChicken sandwich costs 6 AUD!? If I’m not mistaken it’s still on the dollar menu in the states. The pricing is getting ridiculous…

1 Like