Cloudera Crashed. Anyone Buying?

Down 40% today! :scream:

Actually I don’t really know what they do, just that they have the buzzword “cloud” in their name. :smile:

2 Likes

I initially read Dow down 40% today :scream_cat:.
Glad it was just a nightmare :smile:

1 Like

More here.

“Chief Financial Officer Jim Frankola said the company expected “uneven results” while it made changes to corporate structure.”

I’m not sure what that means other than run!

3 Likes

All cloud stocks are dragged down… all my FOMO buys are red… who is the CEO of Cloudera? Where is Cloudera? I need to pay the CEO a visit.

You seem to have a beef with cloudera? According to @sfdragonboy police can arrest you for a “questioning”. :smile:

They would be sorry because I have bazookas, and that would enrage :rage: me into calling my buddies to launch arty on their police stations.

I did not hear bad things about cloudera, all the stuff i heard was positive, but maybe i misremmeber.

Jim is not a dumb guy - he ditched Yodlee for Cloudera a while back and he definitely cha-chinged with the former. Not saying that means anything but at least I don’t think he’d spend such a long time in a sinking ship.

Did not even realize Cloudera went public (seems like they had been trying for the longest time) until this post.

1 Like

Cloudera is one of several Hadoop companies though they are the premier one. Others are HortonWorks, MapR etc. Hadoop used to be synonymous with big data but of late Apache Spark has become the de facto choice. Spark still uses the file system from Hadoop so it’s not totally irrelevant. It’s hard to predict how Cloudera will do in future.

2 Likes

Well what do ya know, Jim cha-ching’ed again.

You work in this space?

I know someone who works at Cloudera and personally dealt with Jim in the past (although it was brief).