Daly City Rocking The Overbids

Please… people come in from say LA to go to San Tung (true story) but no one in their right mind would drive to SJ for congee at East Lake. Let’s do a poll. Who has gone to this famed East Lake? Not me…

Why are you replying to me about East Lake…I was talking about Westlake :joy:

1 Like

Man is confused. :smile:

too much msg for hing lung

1 Like

Oh, it was meant for East Lake Fanboy (the one an only one)…

Besides, why waste good money for gas and time for probably good but not great Chinese food when I eat like this every night?

Last night, Singapore Chile Crab:

Tonight:

Shrimp

Then, wifey wants to try her hand at making jerky…

1 Like

Invite us to your house. Or you are rally just eating instant noodles.

1 Like

No, I am a very, very fortunate man who found a great woman.

I’m beginning to wonder if you really feel fortunate about finding a great woman or a great cook…

2 Likes

The road to a man’s heart is thru his stomach.

1 Like

You just don’t get it, literally and figuratively…

Um… I’m as crystal clear as ever…

I only post her dishes because she is really proud of her skillz and as her husband I want to be supportive. I certainly do not make a list of foods I want her to make like a takeout cook. She has a huge FB following so it is really her that likes to show off.

2 Likes

The pork jerky looks legit! I see why you need to go to the gym regularly :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is her 2nd or 3rd try at it and it is pretty good. I am def a jerky person. Spicier the better.

I keep telling her that we go in with my Big Bro’s wife who is a great Burmese cook and we do a Malaysian/Singapore + Burmese food place. Not necessarily a full blown restaurant but take-out or catered food. It would be a labor of love but I really think it could work here with all the foodies and people with money.

Riverside is good and underrated

1 Like

Westlake escapes the fog. Less fog than sunset, ocean, westbourgh

1 Like

Guys tell me more about riverside. The park nearby is one of my kids’ favorite.

Their noodle/fried rice dishes are just so-so, but dim sum is good. It’s my go-to dim sum joint after DB. I order these every time I go:

1. Egg rolls
  2. Malaysian roll with almond
1 Like

Just try it, you won’t regret it

2.0 star rating 7/30/2017 Previous review My parents and I come here if we can’t get to koi palace or dragon beaux before the morning rush.

Food: Not bad, about a 3-3.5. Nothing special. Pretty original type dim sum. And nothing novel like you would find at koi palace or dragon beaux.

Service: Depending on which waiter you get, probably between a 1-3. An example of the 1 level service is when I asked the waitress to put the soy sauce on the side instead of slathering it on the dish and surprisingly her baseline RSB got worse. We had a stare off until I said forget it. There was no communication issues since I asked her in Cantonese.

Ambience/crowd: what I expect in the cafeteria of an Asian nursing home. Or maybe on family visiting day of an Asian nursing home.

Wait: Can be horrendous if you don’t get here early-ish. Like my previous posts had mentioned, they have very limited small tables. So even if there are larger tables available, smaller parties are SOL. Read less