Deal: $997 SFO To HK On Singapore Air Premium Economy

1 Like

i like cathay pacific more for some reason. I tried the premium economy on cathay and i don’t feel the difference is worth the upgrade.
pretty good deal though

Cathay Pacific, really? My wife swears by Singapore, especially the new direct flight to Singapore from SFO which she took this past Xmas.

1 Like

yup mostly because the food is more suitable for my wife(congee, you know the plane so dry), marco polo member can get on the plane earlier, and the time of arrival in hk is a lot earlier than singapore(like 1-2 hours earlier), so we can get luggage and avoid all these traffic heading home. If for pure comfort wise, singapore is better

How often do you and your wife go back to Asia? At least once a year or maybe every other year? I do need to visit the Malaysia/Singapore since the inlaws are there and I have never gone back there. I have been to mainland China once on a tour with some buddies so the trip went by fine since we played cards during the flight. I am sure people were annoyed, but so what right? How many times did your screaming babies annoy me?

2 x a year, going back in april
usually 2 wk and 3 wk

1 Like

The direct from SFO to SIN using SQ is great! Highly recommend.

2 Likes

Yeah, I believe my wife had to book way early in the year (for Dec trip) and so I guess that will be the way for us going forward. Her brother can drive us to Malaysia when needed…

I thought premium economy on Cathay looks nice? Don’t you get like reclining chair with leg support? I found for kids, that’s pretty nice since they tend to slide down on regular chairs. Not sure of premium economy on Singapore airline.

I haven’t been back to Asia for over 7 years and don’t see a need to any time soon. I save $997 every time I decide not to go. Big time deals and big savings for me!!! :rofl:

That’s how you missed out on winners like Tencent and stuck with losers like yelp. :smiling_imp:

Um… but I also picked up winners like Tesla by staying here… :rofl:

And yelp isn’t exactly losing; it’s a healthy 116% gain for me which is on par with the S&P 500.

On par with S&P = losing. Boo.

Uh, spend $997 and get potentially your partner for life??? Pay it and go find her!!!

My wife won’t let me go to China by myself. :cry: don’t know what she has to worry. :smile:

Um… why don’t you pay for my ticket?

She thinks that you’re going to sleep with other women maybe?

What’s your Tencent purchase price?

Don’t remember. Started 3 years ago maybe? I like to pile on winners so I have been buying more and more. I may buy some next week.