Dow Down 666 Points

The biggest concern is transformation of auto industry, but it is far away after 10 years. All commute transport will be changed to EVs, but not big ones. As long as the industry is efficiently using resources to maintain profitability, they are good. BP seems to be better than XOM, but XOM is better in USA. I took both BP (6% div) and XOM (4%) dividend purpose.

In near future, I may consider GM (dividend stream) too instead of TSLA.

Me too.

In Puerto Vallarta a crown was $240 compared to $1400 in San Mateo. I bet there is huge competition in Tijuana. Yelp? To find the good ones. Or talk to neighbors.

Even I would think twice about Yelping for a Mexican dentist…

Wtf, I follow you and sold 50% of my holdings… damn… damn… what have I done?

2 Likes

Very nice… you can now use those proceeds to buy your desired SFH in 94087 or 95129… :wink:

1 Like

They measure performance by how much you yell. The louder the screams the lower the rating…lol
My ski buddy is a retired dentist born in Columbia.
I don’t even tell him I go to Mexico for rates half of what he charged in Stockton

1 Like

I am not like BAGB and a few bloggers here, so damn fast in choosing a house, by the time I find a house that I like and won the bid, it may be 6 months from now, price of house has gone up 10% and price of stock has gone up 30%. Double whammy loss :cry:.

I wasn’t picky at all… that WSJ house was the first one I saw and I got it… Why waste time, I’m not going to live there… :wink:

That is why I can’t play the same game as you and BAGB. I am very slow in making decision. In school, I play Chess not chasing after the balls. For Chess, you can take your time to think, 10 mins 10 moves :slight_smile:

Surprised you are following me. I am still a learner, and you are one among my leader I try to follow! You need to follow big players like WB, not me.

I sold 100% of my stake, but now rotated to ONLY dividend payers. I dropped all AMZN, GOOGL…etc

1 Like

:nauseated_face:

Just pulling your legs. I didn’t sell any, in fact, I added a little during the swoop :genie:

Guess you’re past 60 like me :cry:

1 Like

Stock is a huge waste of time. We over analyze every small movement over a few days. It’s easy to buy and forget about it.

Talking about buy and hold, houses are better. Stocks can go to zero sometimes, you can’t really forget about it

Don’t sell. I am counting on you to buy me lunch. :clown_face:

I’m suppose to hedge the bet by buying some AMZNs and FBs… I thought it will go lower so didn’t buy… my usual too greedy stink bids.

Other than SV’s RE, all other RE is not as good as S&P 500 index funds/ ETFs. The good thing about index fund/ ETF, you can buy a small amount at a time, no big down payment.

1 Like

What percentage of you guys hold most of your stock asset in S&P 500 index fund? Most people are trying to play the stock picking game, some play the timing game as well. Could be wasted effort.

Greater then 50% (when I include all my 401ks, etc)

1 Like

Huh? Doing poll again?