Dow Down 666 Points

Without polling data, we’ll never reach a scientific consensus

So high?

yah. Cos i am no expert on the stock market and follow the BOGLE strategy. all my 401ks are in index funds and a good chunk of my spare cash.

3 Likes

My current 401k is my only SPY holding.

I sold my non IRA TSLA holdings & got some dry powder. Now, I’m hoping the market retests it’s previous lows. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

In the long run, I would convert all to S&P index funds/ ETFs too… my children not interested in learning about stocks :frowning:

We all believe you’re the WB of this forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last year I have gained 16%-17% ROI from stocks. This year, even though I sold I gained 5% YTD (Just a month).

Previous years, it was even higher.

The returns are solid - so far.

3 Likes

There was a time when I put most stocks into a world fund (25% S&P, 25% small cap, 25% developed, 25% emerging). However, I got disillusioned with that. So then I just decided to buy the hottest stocks in Silicon Valley and Chinese Tech. Most of my bets turned out to be FANG, ANT, and BAT before those acronyms were coined by the media and @hanera:rofl:

2 Likes

Ha ha ha ! Now everyone knows I am not !!!

I do not why…even my children are not so much Interested in stocks or other investments.

They are all happy to see the money in savings/checking accounts than any investment !

Perhaps I feel , when their time comes, they may realize the importance.

1 Like

Kids are not valuing the importance of money when their dad is so devoted to money making

:joy:

In a sense, it makes sense. Kids already saw how the life is to chase money all the life, and also kids are not hungry for money when the parents already have a lot.

If you let your kid pay his own college tuition, a big student loan may force them to take a little interest in money

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Maybe just buy sp500 with 100% of your stock fund. Then forget about it for 50 years and focus on RE

1 Like

It was few years before, IIRC 3-4 years before, I started learning stock investments. As I said, provides better return on the surplus cash we have.

There are two parts in my investments

1. Retirement accounts (IRA+401k): We need to invest in Stocks/Mutual Funds/ETFs. Mutual Funds grow slower (whatever available) than Stocks.

2. Taxable Cash accounts: I have been looking for homes, but hard to get (too picky). Instead of keeping it checking/savings, the best way is to grow them through stocks. Whenever I get some opportunity, the cash accounts will drain.

Simple S&P is for novice, but I wanted to learn (and earn). Whatever I do, good choice or mistakes, are my lessons.

Even RE investing does not come without practice/research. Similarly, Knowledge on stocks are not so easy, but it comes by practice/research.

Your achille’s heel. No amount of practice/research will help if you are doing that.

Yes, I understand.I can not keep my cash idle in checking/savings.

My retirement income is mainly rental returns and retirement accounts, but not cash accounts.

I like first trust deeds for income. 8% come due regularly and you get to to pick your deals, unlike REITS

2 Likes

8% for hard money loan? I don’t understand why the hard money lender only lend for short term and require a baloon payment. After you get the ballon payment, you’ll need to wait for the next borrower

Loans are 1 year average some go 2-3. Good for short term money management.