Dow Down 666 Points

Are you talking about stocks, sex, or both? :rofl:

I doubt that… Facebook was 20 not long ago.
The RE market is stronger than one company.

Hanera was right.

Hanera, are you sure you don’t want to get into the financial arena? :rofl:

It Takes a 100% Gain to Offset a 50% Loss
The easiest way to think about this is to imagine that your holdings dropped 100%, i.e., to $0. Would an 100% increase from there get you back to even? Not even close. A 100% increase from $0 is still … $0. (That’s why I stopped at a 90% loss.) Or, suppose your holdings dropped from $10,000 to $5,000 – a 50% decrease. A 50% increase from $5,000 would only get you back to $7,500; you’d need a 100% increase to get you back to $10,000.

More fake math.

$100

• 1% loss
    $99 remaining

It takes a 1.01% gain to get back to $100.

3 Likes

U.S. economy adds 313,000 jobs in February, crushing expectations

PM up!

1 Like

I keep reading a person who copies and pastes what it’s convenient to his stupid knowledge of math. Such person keeps consistently trying to defeat an algorithmic illustration and the words of knowledge of people in the investment world. Like hiding the fact of paying taxes on stocks. An idiot would do a better job. :smiley:

MORAL

It pays to be careful. If you lose 1% of your investment, it only takes a 1.01% increase to recover. <-----:joy::joy::joy:

If you lose 10%, it only takes an 11.11% gain to recover. However, as you can see, this is not a linear relationship. The larger the loss, the larger the difference between the percentage loss and the percentage gain required to recover. And, the closer your loss gets to 100%, the closer the required offsetting gain gets to infinity! As a result, it is especially important to avoid large losses. Just so there is no confusion, this is not specific to the stock market; all investments behave the same way.

So, what percent increase will we ultimately need to recover from the crash? A little over 116%. And, a 45% loss would wipe out our 80% gain-to-date.

Lol. I just corrected your math where you said it takes a 2% gain to recover a 1% loss.

I clawed my way back! Close to ATH but still a little bit to go. :smile:

Hopefully Trump won’t do anything stupid over the weekend… :fearful:

1 Like

Conversation in Bay Area is boring, Trump is bad, buy crypto, game changers, protect the undocumented, gun control and politically correct initiatives. Is that all?

2 Likes

Same here.

That’s because nobody invited you to the secret sex clubs…

1 Like

Shhhhhhh…Some times silence is the best answer.

Are you guys ganging up on buyinghouse? Give him a break… he likes to talk a lot but is a happy-go-lucky fellow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-08/jpmorgan-s-pinto-sees-40-percent-correction-in-equity-markets?cmpid=socialflow-facebook-asia&utm_content=asia&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

:scream:

“I think we’re ok for a while,” Dimon added. “One day we will have a recession. I don’t think it will be this year. Could it be late 2019?"

:scream:

1 Like

One scenario is that it can go up another 100% from here before it falls 40%, so it will still be net positive as compared to today at the depth of the next recession.

1 Like

So where is this JP Morgan Asshole hiding his money? Money talks and bullshit walks…I will stick with real estate as a safe haven…

3 Likes

:+1:

I hate bankers. Especially Goldman, Morgan, Skank of America. ShittyBank and Wells fuckoff

Foul mood? So much swearing… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The banks still haven’t paid for their 2006 rip-off of America… and are now enjoying record profits…
Btw. Wells is still waiting for their slap on the wrist

1 Like