Dow Down 666 Points

Semantics, blah, blah, blah.

People on this forum got it. Grow up!

Note: In general, a decrease of 1/n requires an increase of 1/(n-1) to get you even. So, e.g., a decrease of 1/2 (50%) requires an increase of 1/(2-1) = 1/1 = 100%. A decrease of 1/4 (25%) requires an increase of 1/3 (33 1/3%). A decrease of 1/10 (10%) requires an increase of 1/9 (about 11%). Alternatively, a loss of x% requires a gain of 1/((1/x%)-1). So, a loss of 95% requires a gain of 1/((1/.95)-1)=19=1900%.
Note: The Observations Inflation Calculator/Spreadsheet will do these calculations for you. Just as it takes a 100% gain to recover from a 50% loss, 100% inflation translates into a 50% loss in purchasing power.

Of course, never talk about spread sheets. You are pathetically dumb to get one for me. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Don’t say that, Marcus gets offended. He is a supporter of anything this administration does, including the Goldman Sachs pirates embedded in that administration, one of them participant of the housing market debacle years ago. That turd with a face of hypocrite Mnuchin. or whatever his name is.

Yup, you can’t argue the math, so you launch the personal attacks.

Elt1 hates the competitors ! Banks are competitor to his lending business ! ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Banks aren’t the ones making mortgage loans any way. They are just paperwork processors for Freddie and Fannie.

1 Like

If it’s a portfolio loan then it’s their own money they are lending.

1 Like

Non-banks make more mortgage loans now

https://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/the-mortgage-market-is-now-dominated-by-nonbank-lenders/2017/02/22/9c6bf5fc-d1f5-11e6-a783-cd3fa950f2fd_story.html?utm_term=.d6ab5e378115

1 Like

True, but 99% of the mortgage market is Freddie, Fannie, and FHA. They set the standards and control the market.

1 Like

I think all my mortgages are portfolio, none of them are owned by Fannie Freddie.

How to tell? My lender is not Fannie and Freddie, does it mean not?

Well, I pay the mortgage directly to the bank every month. That’s a pretty good indication that it has not packaged up my loan and sold it to another bank.

No not at all. From 2008 onwards, FED started printing money, and it is coming through Fannie Mae…etc and they bought MBS. They own multi-trillion MBS

1 Like

Really? So you know more about my own mortgages than I do? Ok… :wink:

All banks are service providers, and they are making money delta 1% or 1.25% service fee and upfront commission for service fee.

Your loan is owned by some company or group called secondary MBS holder. Banks are allowed to sell your mortgage then and there.

It is pretty hard to know who funded your mortgage and it is changing hands.

It is exactly like you buy shares from broker and who sold you will not be known as it is hard in multiple hops and many to many relationships.

2 Likes

Just see, Big Shorts movie, what banks do and how they do…what went wrong in 2008.

2 Likes

I water ski with the Wells Fargo bankmanager. Even she hates Wells.

1 Like

No. All my mortgages are specifically portfolio because Fannie and Freddie would not lend to me due to my individual credit situation.

2 Likes

Even your first few properties can’t qualify for conventional loan? Most Fannie and Freddie mortgage payments still goes to the bank, the bank Sevices the loan but don’t own own the loan.

A more reliable way to tell portfolio loan is its high interest rate. If you pay a very high rate, it could be that.

No one directly pays Freddie and Fannie. As @Jil said, banks handle the servicing. Fannie and Freddie own the mortgage.

If you have portfolio loans, then you’re probably paying higher rates.

1 Like

All my properties were re-fied to portfolio. Interest rates are not too bad.

1 Like