Dow Down 666 Points

That’s my intent :triumph:

The Dow drops, and so the economy. That’s what they tell you, right?

Meanwhile, we Californians are leading the country by doing the opposite of that turd somewhere. Our economy is superb. Just don’t let the naysayers tell you the opposite.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/theres-one-headwind-the-stock-market-cant-keep-bucking/ar-BBKa69g?ocid=spartanntp

The two critical events affecting economy are rising interest rate (hence mortgage rate) and the new tax policy.

1 Like

I still don’t get why they are raising rates while inflation is under 2%.

Reason for raising rates: What FED is predicting that current full employment (4% range) will over heat the economy if uncontrolled. Inflation likely spike. In fact, economy and market is crazy in certain pockets, that will spread everywhere if not controlled.

1 Like

They’ve been saying that for how long? It still hasn’t happened. They keep saying transitory factors are holding inflation down. I don’t think they realize there are structural factors holding inflation down. It used to be you went to a store and paid the price listed. Now consumers have access to more info and tools than ever before to comparison shop. That’s very anti inflation. If labor costs get too high, then companies will invest to automate which is anti inflation. Global sourcing is anti inflation. The fact there are 6M jobs companies can’t fill is anti inflation. Companies are saving all that money, since they can’t find people.

Most economists spent a ton of time studying the Great Depression. They are failing to realize how different the economy is now vs then.

2 Likes

Some idiot in the white house is not reading.

Only when rates push toward the 4 percent level, which should happen sometime in 2019 as things stand now, will even higher economic growth be needed to keep equity valuations aloft. That will be difficult to attain if trade hostilities commence for an economy that has grown dependent on low-cost credit.
The team at Capital Economics believes higher rates will begin to bite stock prices sooner than that, pushing them down 7 percent from current levels this year.

I normally trust FED, they take plenty of statistics before hiking the rates.

Listen Powell’s Testimony to Congress, he justifies everything. I am half way through his testimony, not completed yet…

IMO, they wanted to avoid another great recession and gradually increasing the rates so that inflation is under control.

Brown isn’t even asking questions. He’s just ranting and is ignorant.

This is bullish. He’s also a supporter of free trade.

Kudlow graduated from University of Rochester in Rochester, New York with a degree in history in 1969.[4] Known as “Kuddles” to friends, he was a star on the tennis team and a member of the left-wing Students for a Democratic Society at Rochester.

In 1971, Kudlow attended Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, where he studied politics and economics. He left before completing his master’s degree.

Point is - He has not completed a Masters degree in Economics/MBA(Finance)/similar where he has some DEEP knowledge of Economics.

I have heard him on television, seems like Trump → lot of noise & empty inside, the kind of people TV personalities are.

Anyways, let’s hope he is better than he sounds.

3 Likes

Oh boy!

Finally he is bitching! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

True, he does have decades of government and private industry experience though. Read about his views. They are very bullish for most of us here.

Well…

I only speak for myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dunno. He seems a lightweight. No commercial success that I can see. Mainly a media personality. And (if he hasn’t kicked it), a serious addictive personality (was fired from his last finance job for cocaine addiction).

3 Likes

That’s why I say quality of trump’s cabinet is going downhill fast. And trump doesn’t like disagreements.

I miss having a president who reads books.

3 Likes

I just know that some trumpeters are opening their eyes to the nightmare in that white house. Anybody should be worried about the firing of government officials in almost a daily basis, and the constant bitching about anything, and one statement given by this dumb guy can sink the stock market.

You guys should be very worried about your investments in the stock market.

De Vos? A dumb paid for his position lady.

Carson? Gee! Did he ever operate on anybody? I doubt it.

One by one of the old politburo are getting kicked out of their comfort zone. Eventually, they will dragged to the street and shot against a wall. We will have a military parade ordered by a 5 times draft dodging president and that nobody can’t deny it is as if the circus is coming to town. I pity the military marching that day, celebrating a coward president.

Nepotism in the white house. All the kids earning $100Ks a year doing businesses for themselves and barely representing “America”. We are paying for their protection while doing their own business. Right!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/andrew-mccabe-a-symbol-of-trump’s-fbi-ire-faces-possible-firing/ar-BBKdmcG?ocid=spartanntp

Meanwhile, the coward president can’t denounce Russia. What is wrong with this guy? Is the cowardice, or they got him by the balls?

MSN

1 Like

300 points here, 300 points over there.

How’s your 401K doing by the way?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-closes-down-335-points-as-facebook-rattles-market/ar-BBKpEIe?ocid=spartanntp