Dow Down 666 Points

Refer to BTFD zone. Normally is a good idea to averaging in. For example, you want to buy 1000 shares and think the price would decline to $160 before re-bouncing, you could start buying 100 shares weekly or for x % decline from 5% above $160 i.e. $168. Number of shares, %, frequency is up to you, I was illustrating.

As you can see in the FANG, ANT, BAT thread, I only average in tiny amount, about $1000 each time because I am not very confident it has bottomed. If I think it is, I would be buying in lots or calls.

Btw, the chart is outdated, up to last Friday…

1 Like

Be ready, this is not a joke.

Only for people reading through the bullshit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-prepared-to-hit-china-with-dollar60-billion-in-annual-tariffs/ar-BBKrzmt?ocid=spartanntp

Then, you the investor, be ready.

Of course, somebody is going to be kissing arse here…and you know it will be the coward president meeting the Muslims in Saudi Arabia and not telling them “take care of your radical Muslims”. Right?

The crown prince could dangle a huge carrot in front of Trump for his support. Stock exchanges in New York and elsewhere are vying for the international listing of Aramco, the Saudi oil behemoth expected to go public soon. Saudi concerns with New York include a post-9/11 law that could jeopardize assets in the United States if victims’ families claim Saudi Arabia helped the al-Qaida attackers and sue for compensation.
Although the U.S. has welcomed Prince Mohammed’s determination to purge pervasive corruption in Saudi Arabia, including by royals, the Trump administration hasn’t endorsed his tactics. Last year, more than 150 high-level princes, ministers, military officials and businessmen were abruptly rounded up and detained at the Ritz-Carlton hotel. They eventually paid settlements that Saudi Arabia says exceeded $106 billion.
Al-Jubeir, the foreign minister, said the tough tactics were needed after past anti-corruption campaigns failed.
“It didn’t work,” he said. “So now you do something dramatic.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/saudi-crown-prince-to-meet-with-trump-amid-marathon-us-tour/ar-BBKrQBz?ocid=spartanntp

Yes, I started buying and averaging out , of xactly as you said

1 Like

Added more to FB which is my oldest holding. I’m really starting to love BS headlines. They create great buying opportunities. The downside is most of the population is misinformed about nearly everything but oh well.

4 Likes

This causes “The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent” :smiley:
The key is you have to be sure that you can remain solvent longer than the irrationality.
That is why I don’t like to buy shares with margin but prefer calls (which is actually using margin).

1 Like

Sometimes I think wall street encourages or leaks the bad headlines. That way they can buy the stocks they want at a discount, or they can sell stocks they want to unload at a premium. They take advantage of the people that don’t read beyond the headline.

2 Likes

:+1: That is why I try to interpret their intentions and not so concerned about the accuracies of their news.

Calls? Are you nuts?

Somebody here told me using calls is a bad thingy. Now, I don’t know who to believe. :sweat_smile:

Leaks? Ask that friend of Trumpovich and his timely sale of steel stocks. :wink:

Calls can be made a short form of buy when longer holding is made, risk is premium loss max, but gain is multifold if it hits. This is so much speculative, calculative than investment.

In 2015, I bought just 2 calls of AMZN for $1000 price, within a week it jumped to $11000 ! It was rare chance/hit.

I hate (not comfortable) options, but buying stocks.

Now, I don’t know who to believe ==> See in the mirror and believe him !

Don’t play with katana if you’re not a Samurai. So believe the Samurai.

2 Likes

OK Kemo Sabe.

I believe you because you are a neutral and positive thinker. On the other hand we have people ignorant on the situation they don’t like because of age, personal preferences, berating what they use in a daily basis. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wow, were you reinvented? I thought you were an elitist :rofl:

Facebook and Amazon’s market cap gap is now almost 300B. Facebook screams undervalue to me loud and clear.

Or is it Amazon being overvalued? :thinking:

AMZN is clearly over-valued but don’t short it… the steam roller is speeding at high speed. Every mom and pop, and their children are mesmerized by the sexiness of a bald head.

I still remember some journalist wrote an article saying Amazon is a charity run for the benefit of consumers. No wonder there are no rich journalists in the world. :smile:

1 Like

A good recap of the Facebook saga. It’s really a nothing burger.

1 Like

Also, twitter down 10.4% today. :smile:

Why are you rejoicing at others misfortune?

Because I am evil. :smiling_imp:

With 10% down, TWTR is a good buy now as they turned into profit recently.