Dow Down 666 Points

stocks

go make him a “dow 50k” hat, and gift him at the next meet up.

I am sick and tired of that madman. Can Mueller please hurry up? :rage:

do you think mueller’s investigation is “good” for the economy?

For the good of the country I am willing to sacrifice (a little).

i don’t see the relation.

to be honest, I was not supporting trump initially, but i am seeing some of the stuff he’s doing. He’s not all bad, you know.

• It’s not bad to not want illegal immigrants in the country. You, me and most people on this list came this country “legally”.
  • Tax cuts will bring back money to united states, which i believe is good. It might cause property values to jump up more (if it hasn’t already), or might cause economy to overheat (looks like it has already), but eventually, it was money america couldn’t touch before.
  • tariffs - looks like he doesn’t want it either, and most definitely using it as a negotiation tactic (and i remember reading about him before where he did similar things in his business - please don’t say he declared bankruptcy multiple times).

:slight_smile:

Also, I don’t see a strong relation between government and economy in the long run, because the system is already well established. That means whatever trump does will not matter much, just like Obama and bush hardly impacted America’s path.

Why not.

because this is “corporate america”. Bankruptcy is mostly a tool in today’s corporations.

Ditto here. I realized the same.

In fact, at a president level he looks at basics and try to help the low income people.
In the tariff side too, he is applying tariffs wherever local industries of suffering due to imports.

looks like futures are stabilizing!

Which are the stocks you have invested/bought and holding it?

brokerage: fb, nvda, brkb, cost (sold recently), sq, ntnx, some ubnt (small).
My 401k is 70% cash, i think, at this point. The rest is in arbitrary 401k-y funds.

you can tell i am heavily invested in tech.

But I think your brokerage account is probably small potatoes compared to your company stock holding.

i moved most of my goog to other stocks - still have the “last 12 months” vesting in there, which i am planning to sell next time i get a chance.

Really… that would generate tax hit though…

Yes, but remember I sold some to use as a down payment, then i recognized my psychological inability to buy, so i moved them back to other stocks. I cannot keep them in google if i want to liquidate due to black out, so far it worked out.

When I was at Apple, I used my own money to purchase all ISOs, RSUs, and ESPPs. Managed to retain about half of the grants until today…

If it is RSUs or ESPPs, it is fine to hold as wuqijun said avoid tax hit. GOOG is also equally good tech. If you fear about insider blocking period, selling and keeping cash is fine.

With all these stocks, no need of watching sleeplessly or pre/post market. I guess FB is too good after Z attends next week Capital Hill. This may spike suddenly too.

You should have got some TSLA too.

If you keep your money in stocks you will never buy a house. When stocks are low you want to wait for them to recover. When they are high you want them to go higher still.

Just do what @harriet and @Jane did. Sell them and put the cash in your bank account. Now you will feel the urge to buy a house, to put the cash in better use than making that 0.1% interests.

How did Wu QiJun and me buy RE?