Dow Down 666 Points

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohens-office/2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html

Sorry for lonf amp link. Looks like bank frqud charges are being investigated. @marcus335

1 Like

For me (IMO), with the way market is volatile, I am convinced market has inherent weakness than strength on fundamentals.

Most of the investors (and their sentiment) treating stocks like bitcoin.i.e., most of them wants to quickly make money with spike prices and run away.

1 Like

To me, it is a bit weird. While i can see weakness, and with political instability with mueller and other stuff chasing trump, it can go sideways. But also, even with all this stuff market is resisting more drop.

It can go either way. It sucks.

That’s what I predicted. China will warm up some old proposals and dressed them up as “concessions” to the Americans. Trump team can take those as victories and back down.

The whole idea of Xi getting infinite term is partly based on the promise that Xi will take on some really difficult reforms. So far it has been lacking. The proposals he outlined in Hainan don’t sound too bold either. Opening up the finance sector was also old policy from last year.

“To pursue criminal charges against Cohen for breaking federal election law, prosecutors would have to prove that he made the payment to Daniels to influence the election, rather than for personal reasons — to protect Trump’s reputation, for example, or his marriage.”

That’s insane. They are violating attorney client privilege.

Often investors tend to force their opinions on the markets instead of listening to what the markets are telling them. This is an important concept right now because markets are highly volatile, and not listening to the message of the markets can be disastrous.

When markets are highly volatile, it is usually better to buy after the cleansing, with the exception of short-term trades

1 Like

I hope a bit integrity and moral for everyone. Beyond that, it is insane and agreed.

1 Like

Thanks to Emperor Xi and St Mark I am now in the green again! Up 1.6%!!

Until the next Trump attack… :scream:

2 Likes

Tons of margin for sure. Big magnification of beta of underlying.

That’s referred to as the man keeping you down.

1 Like

Trump is busy with attacks on his personal (hopefully just personal) life.

Lets hope trump singles out stocks to attack, and then we can all buy calls on it. Win win.

1 Like

Well how much amazon did you buy?

Was busy buying fb and sq. Didnt buy amazon.

Loving life… my oil stocks took off and FB doing the best in years. Waiting for Amazon to drop below 1300 to buy. This market will be choppy till November. But even if Trump gets impeached we conservatives will be happy with Pence… no matter how much shit Mueller piles on Trump. Won’t touch Tesla even at 190.
Plus I got another off market offer on my Tahoe apartments. Need a 1031. Maybe in San Diego.

5 Likes

Good advice on the oil stocks. I ended up financing the Tesla with TechCU since they offered 1.9% APR and dumped what I was going to pay for the Tesla into XOM. Good dividend and didn’t see too much stormy winds for it even if the market tanked. Will benefit from the dividend vs interest arbitrage (and potential appreciation) vs paying cash on the Tesla

1 Like

Another stock meltdown on the horizon. :scream:

1 Like

you mean tomorrow?

I’d laugh one people realize what a Bible thumber Pence is.

If he fired mueller on Friday then black Monday. :scream: Can Mueller last that long?