Dow Down 666 Points

It is equally well when you identify the right stocks.

If growth is supported by ROI or PM of Company, i.e. difference between FB and TSLA.

As I said already, price of any stock consists Company value+Growth Rate+Premium people pay.

The biggest challenge is on the last part, Premium people pay, which may be changing daily. At best bull market, people pay extra premium, but that changes into discount during the bear market.

The fluctuation, esp based on premium, will be less in value stocks.

No, not even close. You can never achieve 10x growth with value plays. Unless your time span is more than 20 years. Who has the stamina to hold on to a stock for more than 20 years (besides @hanera and me)?

Value Play is simple math.

Take example

MU, 39% PM, PEG 0.21
AAPL, 27% PM, PEG 1.29
FB, 39% PM, PEG 1.02
GOOG 15% PM, PEG 2.33

If the growth is exactly as given above, buying MU benefits us. The stock MU is low priced as people expect lower future growth. It may be right or wrong. If expectation is wrong,i.e.if future chip growth is good, the buyer of MU gets faster growth.

Like this if we account other parameters, people invest for higher return.

This is proven way than just believing SHOP will provide 10x , without analysis, is not correct.

1 Like

Risk and reward. Guaranteed return is low return. Value is more guaranteed whereas growth is more of a gamble.

1 Like

Trump to address nation on Syria

Black Monday here we come!! :scream:

1 Like

Joking aside, striking Syria may be the only Trump policy I support. Redline should mean redline. Animals that gas children need to be killed. No excuse.

2 Likes

Then how come the Russians support this animal? Do they not have any moral?

No they don’t.

Which would you pay more for?

1. A hen laying 2 eggs per day; or
  2. An unhatched egg under a hen which has been laying 20 eggs per day.
1 Like

There was a strike in April 2017. Did it have a huge impact on stock?

I am most worried about Trump firing Rosenstein or even Mueller. I don’t think Trump is so crazy he’s bombing Syria on one hand and firing Mueller on the other right? RIGHT?? :scream:

I think if Trump colluded with Russia, then they’d have proof by now. Now it’s just a fishing expedition. If this was happening to Obama, the media would be crying about how racist it is.

1 Like

If last year investors ignored or welcomed the attack, it does not mean they do now too ! Nowadays, any small news, they make it big and bringing down stocks.

Let us see how they react on Monday.

1 Like

Stock is up this morning. This could mean that bottom has already passed.

Buy for a rebound could be a good short term play

That’s true of about 50% of all mornings.

3 Likes

show some optimism, @sheriff

I actually prefer opening a little lower then climbing throughout the day. That’s good bull market behavior in terms of climbing a wall of worries. The market opens a little lower on worries then ends up climbing higher anyway.

1 Like

Why should I listen to a blogger who don’t dabble in stock?

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream:

:scream: :scream: :scream: