Dropbox IPO?

Also - use that facebook time to read something you like. Read exciting news, books, travel blogs, finance blogs, etc.

Indeed… I really need to get going on bogleheads.

Or do my taxes… :frowning:

I get it when you have kids it’s different.

I already do all of the above :slight_smile:

1 Like

read hackernews?

No because it doesn’t interest me; not something I want to do during my off time. You should be glad I’m even on here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use facebook and twitter to read and watch news. How do you guys get your news?

This forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Uh oh…

2 Likes

Better than getting my news from those horrid links at the bottom of articles.

(You know, there are 5 health foods you shouldn’t eat!!! But it will take you 45 minutes to find out what they are…)

did you try? it doesn’t just have tech - it has very interesting biology, health, etc news too.

I get my news from @wuqijun - if he posts, it’s important.
I get my sf news from @sfdragonboy.
I get my home country news from my wife.
I get my arbitrary news and interesting advancements - hackernews.

4 Likes

If you get your SF news from @sfdragonboy that’s like reading NYT.

1 Like

that was a joke :slight_smile:

I know, so was my response :grin:

Hacker news is too random, and too nerd biased. The comments section there is toxic.

i learned to filter most.

You shouldn’t be… I post lots of trivial matters and sometimes I just like to rant or joke… :wink:

Not really caring for Dropbox IPO one way or another. There are other recently IPO’ed companies that are pretty interesting.

• MongoDB - seems to be climbing out of the post-IPO slump. Do they have the best no-SQL database?
  • Twilio - leader in communication as a service. Rallying hard after the huge Q1 beat.
  • SailPoint - Austin software shop focused on identity. Like Twillo rallying hard after Q1 beat. Profitable too, rare for young tech company.

Thanks for the support @Terri!!! Hopefully Dropbox will do fine and quiet these “experts” down. Yes, not profitable yet but loss is narrowing and again, a billion dollars in revenue is not exactly chump change.

1 Like

Mongo - interesting. Everybody has a love and hate relation. They had a pretty crappy db, but it was so easy to use, it had a user base. Then they improved their solution using acid etc. i don’t know what to make of it, though, probably slightly bullish.