Economic slowdown coming

Has WHO ever been useful?

I’m surprised that no one has sued the Army for discrimination yet.

Something to worry about???

Wonder if Trump has another bankruptcy in the works…

I really do not feel, at this stage, another foreclosure wave !

All I understand is that real estate market will have UPs and DOWNs next 2-3 years by the pressure of rate hike. When the rates are slowly (I repeat slowly) increased by FED (may be once or twice a year), it is not coming down. In next 10 to 20 year time horizon, mortgages go up and inflation may go up.

30 Fixed rates at 3.25%-3.75% or 15 fixed at 2,5% or 2.75% may become history in USA for this century !

You don’t forsee FED reducing rates in the next recession ? That seems to be one of the reasons why FED wanted to hike so they have a tool for the next recession.

I agree economy is pretty strong right now so no foreclosure wave for atleast a few years.

1 Like

Rate reduction and increase is one of the tools FED used to control the economy. If they keep this low rates forever, they will not have this tool to control. It has been reduced gradually from high appx 18%(I do not remember) to lowest in 2008-2011.

Now, they wanted to increase to some level so that economy can be controlled. In year 2000 and 2008, they hiked the rate very fast to blow up the economy, but this time they take longer time to hike the rates. If I guess right, FED may likely increase one or max two times 0.25%.

The current focus for them is to bring back the rates to normal 5% level, but not to blow up the economy. Still we may have economical issues, but rates are getting hardened. They keep the rates higher and higher as long as they reach the safe limit to control the economy and they will not let it touch back to zero FED rate level.

After 2008, FED has computerized everything to see the strength an weakness of economy (google stress test).

Like short sale, low rates are getting into history.

Real estate may have impact on growth by rate hike (less eligibility), but economy may continue to grow.

[quote=“Jil, post:148, topic:1037”]
…
The current focus for them is to bring back the rates to normal 5% level, but not to blow up the economy. Still we may have economical issues, but rates are getting hardened. They keep the rates higher and higher as long as they reach the safe limit to control the economy and they will not let it touch back to zero FED rate level.
…
Like short sale, low rates are getting into history…
[/quote]That’s what I thought they are doing too.

I read this on one of Twhitler twits.

What? He didn’t take credit of this? Why?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/caterpillar-shuts-plant-aurora-illinois-132405886.html

1 Like

If you read, 630 of the 800 are moving to other US plants.

This dude says crash coming…

1 Like

Shouldn’t Canada and Australia crash first?

The dude is quoting Peter Schiff…a total buffoon…fake news

4 Likes

Institutions and banks got smarter, even economy crash, they’ll just buy up all housing in big city and monopolize it. They learn

Which of the following comes first?

1. Nuclear war with fat boy Kim
  2. Economic crash
  3. Trump impeachment

I am betting on No.3.

My bet is on Economic crash !

How about we have the fat boys Trump and Kim mud wrestle on WWF…The winner gets the others wife…

None will occur.

Gosh, #3 is looking pretty good about now…

Signed,

Jackie Speier

You are not as smart as Jil because economic crash would eventually happen, the other two may not. The poll didn’t specify time so 2. has the highest chance of winning.

1 Like