Eichlers For Days, Manch!

Come on, every open house I’ve been to lately has been sporting some kind of gray hardwood flooring. All of the Chinese contractors must have gotten a great deal on the stuff…

Gray hardwood is fine. Gray tile is not. For me anyway. Huge difference.

Here, you can leave the “awful” Fab 7x7 and get into an Eichler for a song…

Tomato should grab this one! Just get in. I’ve been to number of Eichler homes. In PA, Svl and of all places, in Atherton near the train tracks. Cold in winter times, but I like them.

1 Like

2/2 994 sq ft. though? kinda small but maybe you can expand some…

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/127-Greenmeadow-Way-94306/home/1173232

Is this a duplex? The lot is ultra small for single family home.

You know, it is designated as a condo…

Didn’t know they have Eichler condos or multi-unit properties.

In pa, they have eichler everything.

I used to design second story additions for Eichlers. Nobody wanted them 30 years ago. Then the no growth people called them historic to stop two story modern homes. Now Eichlers are fashionable. I doubt they will be in 30 years.

Eichler offers no visual appeal. If eichler neighborhoods allowed noneichler constructions their houses would appreciate plenty. We skipped on so many houses because eichler wasnt appealing. I liked eichlers “fresh open design” for lack of a better word, but that is it. Doesnt look inviting, and when it gets old it looks ugly.

Architecture is basically roofs and windows From the front, Eichlers have neither. The antithesis of architecture…

“In February, the Silicon Valley town’s Historic Resources Board approved a new set of home guidelines that, if enacted, would bar any new house two stories and up and any home that didn’t signify, however loosely, the iconic midcentury-modern developer.”

Snooze, you lose!!! Goes for 1.5M!!!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/127-Greenmeadow-Way-94306/home/1173232

I remember when Echlers were built… This one is particularly fugly,
One of my Dads fellow professors owned one…She compared it to a hotdog stand…simi jokingly

1 Like

Bury that nosey mother in law…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

And in cali, it is summer all year.

For me the large lot is sign of less urbanization.
Tbat and future potential of building big ass house. Has premium when selling.

When Joe Eichler introduced these low cost pre-assembled homes, they did not sell well in PA. To get them going he decided to take on any race who wanted to move into his homes. If I recalled correctly PA was a city for whites only. Asians live in Chinatown SF or Mtn View Chinatown. Japanese lived in mostly Japan Town and SJ has two. Korean town was in Sunnyvale where the Koreans congregated today. Filipinos lived mostly on the farms or in Milpitas area. Eichler house came with no attic or insulation of course had no attic rats either. Most of these original homes one can feel the draft on a windy day. No vent in the bath rooms… Anyone knew the asking price for a brand new Eichler vs ranch 3/2 home then?

5 Likes