Elon Musk in trouble

Too long, bored. Next.

The guy goes sexual, elon doesnā€™t comment. I actually liked that.
He looks very tired thoughā€¦

1 Like

Outlaw.

Lock. Him. Up.

I donā€™t know Elonā€™s end game here. Texas passed multiple laws to ensure Teslas couldnā€™t be sold there and he says he wants to go there. Nevada was suing him at one point over the gigafactory. So he would rather go to states that have been adversorial to him in the past vs the state that has supported Tesla (think all the climate credits and Tesla friendly policies that CA has passed).

3 Likes

He is selling al his houses and moving to China.

1 Like

For all his bullshit about China, turns out Tesla has committed to paying at least $320M in taxes a year to China which is way more then what he pays in CA (10% of that number). Thatā€™s why i think he went off his meds. why alienate CA?

1 Like

Musk is an evil genius. Smart but crazy. But that is why we all are fascinated by him. Similar to Steve Jobs but more likable

1 Like

Move all the engineering out of CA as well. Not just the car factory. Iā€™ve had enough of this drama queen.

1 Like

ā€œIā€™ve had the opportunity to talk to Elon Musk and heā€™s genuinely interested in Texas and genuinely frustrated with California,ā€ Abbott said. ā€œWeā€™ve just got to wait and see how things play out.ā€

@manch

How much signals do you need about the possible future? Donā€™t keep talking about the past, you are not that old, can still achieve something :slightly_smiling_face: investing is about the future. One should assess the signals that is shaping the future not delve on ingredients of the past. Tesla is not the only business that is frustrated with California, many more are. Donā€™t wait for the avalanche, respond early.

Companies moving out of California usually means they are not in great shape and past their prime. Canā€™t compete among champions so need to find a less competitive spot.

Toyota moved its HQ from SoCal to Texas in 2015:

I donā€™t know why youā€™d ever keep a production line in the Bay Area. Itā€™s one thing to keep development here because you want the talent, but if you need people manufacture, you shouldnā€™t be here. itā€™s way too expensive. This would be a win-win situation for any red-state. Most of their manufacturing moved to China, and their people are out of jobs.

They are here because they got a sweetheart deal on the old Nummi factory.

1 Like

plus early days itā€™s helpful to keep manufacturing near R&D so that you donā€™t waste time when workign on issues

1 Like