Everything Prefab

Finally our wonderul Bored Of Stupidvisors is willing to go beyond providing tents…

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2017/10/08/east-oakland-housing-pre-fab-bart-coliseum.html

Why not just buy a used double wide for $25k and remodel it…
These prefabs are cute but very small with limited functionality. …Form follows function…Basic rule of architecture

Prefab is cute…But zoning is the issue…Construction costs are a small part of the housing problem…

1 Like

It says modular is 20% cheaper. Is that 20% of labor and materials cheaper? That’s actually not that much of the total cost after you consider land, permits, and fees. You’re talking 20% of 50% so only 10% cheaper. Instead of $1M/unit it’d be $900K/unit. That’s not going to move the needle.

If you really want cheap housing, then do away with private units. That’s a luxury. Build it like a military barracks. It’d be way cheaper.

1 Like

Geez, time to merge this and the Amazing Amazon threads???

http://www.builderonline.com/design/consumer-trends/amazon-now-offers-tiny-home-kits_c

$350/SF for a trailer… fugetabouit

I will take a good old double wide… Brand new $80/sf

Tiny homes are a hoax…Nobody but the Unabomber could actually live in them.

I’ve been reading about Prefab Homes for a couple of months now. It may not be the conventional or ordinary household that you can hear of, but it caters to a certain market. Now I can see that this can be a future housing convention or options if you really wanted it to be designed that way.

Prefab Homes, as well as the conventional homes have its Pros and Cons. You just have to analyze and study, plus understand all the aspects in these things. In that way, you would be able to learn more and more when you would be purchasing the said home.

If all else fails, go to Homes or to Condo.

Real Estate in the Philippines

Wow, someone else chiming in on this thread… i thought i was a party of one…:cry:

The way things are going, it is inevitable that prefab will be prevalent. You have less people going into construction and then cost of frame building has gone up so much. There are still some warts of course…