FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

I sold some OOM puts. Might as well take advantage of higher volatility.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me.
STO 2 NTNX puts ($42.50) :smiley: Make premium or being assigned stock is ok. Previously sold 250 @$53 so no harm done. Prospect of NTNX is very good given so many businesses are going cloud and replacing corporate network with private cloud.

1 Like

Where is @manch? Is he too busy responding to those margin calls?

2 Likes

I just woke up. :smile:

Bought 10 FB calls around 9 and went back to bed. What’s the big deal?

2 Likes

FB, holding 12 shares.

AMZN, waiting for it to hit 50-day SMA before buying 1 share :rofl:

NFLX, waiting for it to hit 50-day SMA before adding. Holding 6 shares.

GOOG, waiting for it to hit 200-day SMA before adding. Holding 1 share.

Slowly accumulating F10 stocks. Is overheated now but after cooling off should rally again.
When in accumulation mode, wish for prices to decline :wink:

BAT is still green… no plan to add.

A sign of China eclipsing America.

1 Like

Only 3 months into the 5 year period and already declaring victory? :wink:

The jist of the Facebook “scandal” is that Facebook is too good at what it’s doing. It knows a lot about you through your actions and in turn can target ads like a laser beam.

Zuck is a super talented leader. He married a Chinese girl so he has much better taste than certain rocket playboy too. I don’t have any doubt Facebook will continue to do well. Give it some time. The current narratives is against it. Remember when it IPO’ed and all the dumb ass journalists made fun of it? How dare a company with no profit has a 100B market cap?

So did you buy any at the IPO price or lower?

Bought some at 19. Was it ever that low? Or memeory playing tricks on me?

2 Likes

Have you kept it?

Don’t remember. I bought and sold over the years for money management purpose. I can’t promise those early shares didn’t get sold. :wink:

Just bought 5 more FB calls. Bought a total of 15. Sold some underlying. Also bought some MU, WDC and TWLO.

Not only Zack is intelligent, but also others equally running the mgmt including Tim Cook.

It is hard for Google, AMZN, FB to cross above AAPL before it hits 1 Trillion Mark.

Chances are there for AMZN or GOOGL, but that is late after 1T.

BTW: AAPL is changing screen, from Samsung made, to MLED and locally going to make it ! AAPL has the best quality in all their products and that is moat, esp handheld devices.

Actually, having the ability to hold long term is more important than having the right entry point.

2 Likes

Then why did you ask?

Just realized I forgot to buy some NTNX. Bought a few AH.

Because I like to preach the benefits of long term buy and hold as opposed to the type of speculative behavior most people are engaging in on this forum.

1 Like

http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500_archive/full/1955/index.html

That has 50 years of history of the fortune 500 lists. The amount of churn in the names on the list shows that you can’t really hold forever. You always need to be aware of what you hold or you might end up riding the next Kodak to the bottom.

4 Likes

50 years is a lot longer than most people’s investment lifespan. You’ll be fine holding Microsoft for 40 years, or IBM for 80 years if you get to live that long.

Shopify Inc Stock Could Flash a Perfect Buy Sign Soon

Maybe Shopify stock will surge to $160 before ultimately pulling back. Remember both new highs and a pullback are possible. However, the probabilities just don’t favor buying Shopify stock right now.
I’d rather wait for a pullback into support. If it holds, I’m a buyer of SHOP stock.

Support is around $135 :yum:

Their secondary priced at $137. The stock dropped below that on the announcement then went up :slight_smile:

1 Like