FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Because I switched, right @manch? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Part of the reason.

Smart phones are at the top of the S curve. There is no more green field. Apple is fighting for switchers and upgrades. There are fewer and fewer reasons to upgrade, especially when you taking about phones costing more than 1K.

Samsungā€™s semiconductors is really dominating. They have the biggest market share in DRAM and NAND, and their tech is the best in the world.

OTOH Apple is vertically integrating (which reduces their spend with Samsung) and everything they decide to design/building on their own is getting farmed out in competitive bidding to TSMC and Samsung (with preference to TSMC). I would suggest buying TSMC if you think the cyclical nature of semi is not over as TSMC is becoming the manufacturer of choice for Apple and Broadcom

1 Like

No way. Semiconductor industry is so fragmented plus thereā€™s no reason to buy growth there. Why not go buy some Intel stocks? Not a reason to buy into Samsung at all.

Semi design may be fragmented but semi manufacturing is very concentrated. Mooreā€™s law is dying and a new fab can cost 20B today.

TSMC is good. But Samsung may even be better. You can buy both if I can find a way to buy Samsung.

It is individual comfort. All I say what is the risk involved. If someone ready take risk on Samsung, I do not mind them taking such risk.

Then there is no debate !

@Jil please keep us posted if you do make a move back into stocks!

I am having a TINY bit of fomo watching my MATCH group stock edge back up to 180% gain after I sold most of it at 165%! Maybe I left the party too early :slight_smile: Hopefully you held onto yours @manch

Volatility is not over. The Trump Mueller dance should yield some great buying opportunities. Let alone the November election.

3 Likes

Match is doing great for me. Slowly adding my position.

1 Like

The present rally may be due to earning season, likely that go away after 30 days.

I am still skeptical about the stocks. I will revisit/review stocks after jun 2018.

It may take months for me to come back.

If there is another 1000 points dip in Dow or another 5% dip on SP500, before jun end, I may hold not to enter until dec 2018.

Above all, I will have my retirement money alone to invest in stocks as I may spend all savings for new primary.

1 Like

With such strategy, I think itā€™s safe to say that you can kiss goodbye to a multi-million dollar stock portfolioā€¦

2 Likes

S & P and almost many stocks are limping !

I agree and anticipate that volatility can return any day; though commendable that market has shown great resilience these past few days.

1 Like

Please logout.

38%20PM

1 Like

:scream: :sob: :scream:

Since Aug 28,

F10 ā€¦ .+22.94% :ok_hand: Nearly 2% up
AAPLā€¦+2.63% :-1: Bad TSMC
TSLAā€¦-16.03.11% :nose: Decline a fair bit
NFLXā€¦+96.13% :vulcan_salute: Foolish investors
mCapā€¦-10.01 :pray: Slight improvement
sCapā€¦ +24.71% :pray: Slight improvement