File your taxes on a postcard? LOL LOL LOL

:joy::joy::joy:

Again, file your taxes on a postcard, remember that lie, one of the many? No 1040s, no this and no that, a postcard size document! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/middle-class-gets-10percent-of-gop-tax-cut/ar-BBH0uL3?li=AA4Zjn&ocid=ientp

What’s the point of the article? It has nothing to do with the postcard statement. Are you deflecting?

We’re witnessing the wholesale looting of America

Over the course of 2017, both in Congress and in the executive branch, we have watched the task of government devolve into the full-scale looting of America.

Politicians are making decisions to enrich their donors — and at times themselves personally — with a reckless disregard for any kind of objective policy analysis or consideration of public opinion.

A businessman president who promised — repeatedly — that he would not personally benefit from his own tax proposals is poised to sign into law a bill that’s full of provisions that benefit him and his family. Congressional Republicans who spent years insisting that “dynamic scoring” would capture the deficit-reducing power of tax cuts are now plowing ahead with a bill so fast that they don’t have time to get one done, because it turns out they can’t be bothered to meet their own targets.

Meanwhile, in the background an incredible flurry of regulatory activity is happening out of public view — much of it contrary to free market principles but all of it lucrative for big business and Trump cronies.

Throughout the 2016 campaign, the political class talked a lot about “norms” and how Donald Trump was violating them all. He brushed off fact-checkers, assailed the media, went on Twitter tirades against his critics, and dabbled in racism. Since taking office, his norm busting has spread. Members of Congress who under other circumstances might be constrained by shame, custom, or the will of their constituents have learned from Trump’s election that you can get away with more than we used to think.

Norm erosion is real, and it matters. Economists Daron Acemoglu and Matthew Jackson of MIT and Stanford have written about how rules are only effective when they are backed up by social norms “because detection relies, at least in part, on whistle-blowing.” Their Spanish colleague Patricia Funk emphasizes that in a variety of contexts, “the strength of the social norm of ‘not committing a crime’ is shaped by social interactions.”

These scholars are all considering deep, long-lasting differences in cultural norms, but we also know from experience that norms can sometimes shift dramatically in unusual circumstances. Sometimes a blackout or other disaster prompts a few people who would ordinarily be too cautious to break store windows in broad daylight to become more brazen. And the normal course of ordinary life flips into reverse, as those with some inclination toward bad acts recognize a moment of impunity and grab what they can, while those who would ordinarily be invested in upholding order are afraid and stay inside. The sheer quantity of bad acts makes it impossible for anyone to hold anyone accountable. Soon, a whole neighborhood can be in ruins.

Or a whole country.

Yawn, That’s a pretty boring opinion piece. I’m not sure who the author is or why I should care about their opinion. Oh wait, I don’t care.

Do we have a liar in the white house?

And do we have dumb people believing a liar? Oh yes!

Nahhh! Oh, wait! He is a liar!

The dumb president to his benefits is lying to farmers, many of them will be hurt by this dumb tax reform by saying the tax cuts are going to be $5.5 trillion.

I am telling you! These republicans in congress are so dumb! Not even their president knows the numbers? Are you kidding me? :smiley:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/trump-overstates-size-of-tax-cuts-in-speech-to-farmers/ar-BBI8nBq?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Well, darn, I have paid taxes every year of my working life. Suckers like me on the W2 or 1099 side of the world, you know, the ones that pay for stuff around us, are always screwed :wink: I wish I lived solely on the Capital gains/losses side of the world so I could sip on margaritas by the beach and be “well advised” to pay no taxes

:slight_smile:

How to pay no taxes and solely live on capital gain?

Since much of the capital gain tax in RE is inflation, I think people are overpaying the capital gain tax on inflation, especially on slow appreciating RE.

I am in your club. :laughing::laughing:

Do you know that most business owners, if advised properly basically won’t pay taxes?
Remember the lying president not paying taxes for many years by using the losses he sustained in a single year?

Most of ill advisers on financing issues are so because they are stuck to the old way to do business or do their tax returns. They are afraid to try new things.

For example:

If a single owner of a business is paying more than $50K in taxes, there’s a tax loophole where he can deduct 10% of his gross income. That is deducted from his total. Double if 2 owners.

There’s the Augusta rule. Check it.

Real Estate? You want to retire without paying capital gains? Defer them for 30 years. If you are dead, who is going to pay? Nobody! :laughing:

Then, you have so many tax lawyers, which we use at our office that can advice anybody on how to “not pay taxes”.

Now, who has filed taxes this January that can show me the size of the tax declaration. Is it the size of a postcard? I will find out eventually.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: