Foreign investment in U.S. homes soared 49%

Chinese buyers opted more for California and, increasingly, Texas.

The article didn’t say which cities in Texas? Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth?

Where do you live manch?
Gee! Haven’t you seen who owns most 7-11s and gas stations and taxi cabs and liquor stores and so on in this area?

Overseas moola still coming…

No, not YOU guys…

Many of these Canadian buyers are Asians too. So many will no doubt be mistaken as “Chinese” buyers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chinese buyers are most obsessed when it comes to real estate. It’s like without owning a piece of property, their life would be deemed worthless.

I think this also sums up the mindset of most people on this forum…

According to NAR, the majority of buyers from China, India, and Mexico were resident buyers.

So mostly green card holders, H1Bs and students.

Not that many Chinese in SFBA. So Indians are likely of the same view. Otherwise, prices of RE in SFBA won’t rise up so fast (it would still go up but not at this rate).

I think Indians like to buy mostly in the South Bay and Fremont. I don’t see them at all in SF and East Bay.

A lot of Indians in mountain house, Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton and san Ramon. But they buy Sunnyvale, Fremont and Cupertino when they have more money

I’ve been suspecting this for a long time. There is really very few non-resident foreign buyers in BA.

A lot of articles are misleading. The author somtimes mislead on purpose, sometimes a little too dumb

[quote=“BAGB, post:30, topic:2722, full:true”]
A lot of Indians in mountain house, Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton and san Ramon. But they buy Sunnyvale, Fremont and Cupertino when they have more money
[/quote]Good to know such facts. Thanks.

Add milpitas, evergreen, some gilroy and infact a lot of new contruction buyers are indians. Most of them are 1st time homebuyers, so dont dare buying fixers

Yes . Lot of Indians r buying properties in Milpitas. No one cares about Smell issues.

1 Like

I used to go to Milpitas a lot for dinners. All those years I never smelled a thing…

There is a lot of smell. People/owners told me they couldn’t stand the smell from the car to front door but has improved a lot it seems