Fremont <1.5M still very hot

Ok finally, chinese pricing strategy pans out - PENDING!!!

Despite the killer 4ā€™s, Pending!!! Fremont is HOT!!!

Boom!!! $110K over asking for killer 4 address!!! Fremont, the city that gives and gives!!!

1 Like

Uh, oh, chinese pricing strategy no help on this one!!! What happened??? Is the place just not nice enough to command top dollar???

Ok, two more decent ā€œstarterā€ homes go for mid 700K in Fremont!!!

Not in this bucket, but somebody got a good deal here: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fremont/4330-Peregrine-Way-94555/home/1741703

All you need is 1.1M in cash and you can find a good flipping deal.

Ok, not bad, reaching 800K nowā€¦

1 Like

Inching towards the million dollar barā€¦

Congratulations Fremont! Unless I heard another town on the radio, Fremont is out of crimes for 2 years. There hasnā€™t been a homicide in that period. Thatā€™s amazing! :tada:

Either they have good people living there, or they are the ones terrorizing other cities around, or they are all dead. :rofl:

Speaking of flipping, our friend from Santa Cruz would be the indicated to tell you the truth.

As far as I know, a good flipper is the one who knows the trade. For example, my neighbor worked for 3 days with some family and friends and in about $4K he installed a brand new roof. No permits, no nothing.

You can paint a room in one day, with about $200 each. From there, I canā€™t say anything about costs, but if you are looking at pictures of the outside of a home, you donā€™t know if they did a remodel or just did put some lipstick on the pig.

That happened with the house from hell in my hood. About $50K spent on a 4/2 1/2 home. I had to repaint, for free, the livingroom, the stairs and a hallways because their paint skills were trashy. Owner redid the entire kitchen. It was sad to see the new crew breaking the counters and the cabinets, all brand new!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Putting on a new roof is all about labor. .If you have free labor it is a slam dunkā€¦Same with painting, hanging sheetrock and a lot of construction. .The tough part is when you need skilled trades like plumbing electrical sheetmetal and framing.
As far as painting a room should only take an hour per coatā€¦We paint 2 bedroom apartments in a day with 2 paintersā€¦Bid $1200ā€¦my cost $300ā€¦with $12/hr Tahoe laborā€¦and Behr paint

Hey @RealEstatebull, Bullard fixer at 649Kā€¦ non permitted second unit action

1 Like

Framing is skilled trade? The one thing I wonā€™t touch is copper plumbing. Iā€™m just not consistent enough with the torch to have zero leaks. I think everything else can be done with some experience. Itā€™s just a matter of time when youā€™re working full-time. How much of your evenings and weekends do you want to give up, and how much are you willing to drag out the project by doing it part-time?

Might look at it this weekend. BRRRR strategy in action here

Ok, maybe because I am off work today because I canā€™t earn anymore vacation time but what is the ā€œBRRRRā€ strategy again?

Most people already do that, some fancy name on biggerpockets.com.

BRRRR strategyā€”namely buy, rehab, rent, refinance, and repeat

1 Like

Aaah, yes, need to add that to my vocab since it def applies to meā€¦

Let me know what you think of the placeā€¦

Framing not only takes skill it is hard workā€¦A crew that can frame a house in a week or two is a fine tuned machineā€¦Roofs and stairs are particularly difficult. ā€¦Layout is tricky, reading plans, setting elevations, leveling up wallsā€¦If have seen some of the worse framing jobs everā€¦One building was 1 1/2 inches out square. .Another 5" out of levelā€¦Another that was leaning 2.5"ā€¦Not too mention hundreds with missing and misplaced itemsā€¦unfortunately many framers are unskilled, but a good job requires a lot of skill and good management. .Many jobs are poorly supervised. .On many they dont even have the approved latest plansā€¦

1 Like

Why is there so little innovation in construction? Prefab canā€™t be applied everywhere. You need a lot of space to maneuver. We need more new technology in construction. We are running short on labor already.

New technology is easy in the cloudā€¦Very difficult in the real world especially when regulated by government agencies. .All construction innovative has to comply with current codes and by tested ad nauseum. .Besides any innovative that is patented becomes an immediate target for innovation. ā€¦You canā€™t sue trees for bad 2x4ā€™sā€¦But you can sue Georgia Pacific for defective truss joistsā€¦
A prefab house becomes a manufactured product, subject to manufacture product liability lawsā€¦

Not sure what they do, few folks I knew joined this company.

1 Like