Good dividend stocks

If someone wants to choose, here are the 50 dividend companies

AAPL,ABBV,ADP,AFL,APD,BA,BMY,CB,CL,CSCO,

DIS,DOV,DPS,DPZ,ED,GILD,GLW,HAS,HD,HON,

HRL,INTC,ITW,JNJ,JPM,KMB,LMT,LOW,MCD,MDT,

MKC,MMM,MO,MSFT,PAYX,PEP,PFE,PG,PM,PPG,

RTN,SBUX,SYF,TROW,TRV,UNP,UTX,VFC,WFC,WM

You want things that are counter-cyclical to your other holdings. If you have a tech job, live in Bay Area, hold tons of tech growth stocks, the last thing you want to do is to get your dividend from tech stocks again. To me that’s an automatic KO.

How come you buy RE in bay area?

I like leverage, remember? I am not in a defensive age yet. Still accumulating wealth.

But the key reason to buy dividend stocks is safety, right? For that reason I won’t choose tech stocks.

1 Like

I understand KO is owned by Warren Buffet, but my filter (payout ratio less than 80%) eliminated KO as it is 135%. This means they are sharing dividends more than net income.

1 Like

KO = Knockout.

Actually I am buying dividend stocks, so I shouldn’t say I am not buying any. Every month I buy approximately 1% of my account value’s worth of dividend stocks. So far only 2 stock: OHI and MPW. I will broaden the selection in 2018. Need to do some homework.

I suspect the bull market still has 4-5 years in it. So at my pace maybe over 50% of stock holdings will be in “safe” dividend stocks. Hopefully it can weather the storm well.

IMO, likely economic correction possible between Oct 2018 and Jun 2019.

Year 2018 is very critical year.

Stocks, real estate, crypto are going crazy ! It depends on how FED is gearing the country, lot depends on political too.

Does anyone know about dividend stock $PSEC or invested in it? dividend return every month is 6 cents per dollar

This is asset management company. IIRC, they are like REITs, where they share income with K1 form and it is not qualified dividend, but will be added to your income…etc. Another point, it is already up to top (as of now). Growth is not so attractive even though they jumped 3.80 to 5.60. If you are clear about fundamentals, you can proceed with it.

For dividends, choose companies like BA, PFE, NEE, CUK (Little risky), PPL, AT&T, verizon…etc. Look out for (google) “dividend aristocrats” Also, you must see payout ratio that should be less than 70% for good companies. Any payout ratio above 70% is not good (generally, but exceptions are there).

1 Like

I just started researching on it. Since share price is low, I thought of buying good chunk of stocks and have monthly x amount provided it’s good. Dividend aristocrat is really helpful. Thank you so much. Pls let me know if you know any low priced (below $20) high dividend stocks.

I have few risky ones, but do a research ( for not to go bankrupt).

CUK

DHT

FRO

HRB

PPL

PFE

First three are speculative but last three are good.

2 Likes

Almost all conventional energy/utility sectors are down and most of them paying good dividends.

The main reason is Covid introduced shutdown less usage of energy leading less revenue.

This recession affected utility sector and they are best to get nice qualified dividends

Example NÉE , PPL

1 Like

Evil but it pays.

1 Like

MO has dropped from 78 to 40 in three years. Still a looser even with the dividend

Yes, the payout ratio is too high above 100% which is not good.

PM looks better although it has also dropped in recent years, just not as much. Pays almost 6%.

Those companies need to diversify into cannabis

1 Like

Considering payout ratio,
BTI (75% payout 7.18% div) is far better than
MO (859% - doubt/but dead, div 8.44%)
and
PM ( 95%, div 5.89%).

The dividend payout ratio is the fraction of net income a firm pays to its stockholders in dividends: The part of earnings not paid to investors is left for investment to provide for future earnings growth.

2 Likes

They are doing it already

1 Like