Google engineer's viral 10 page anti diversity screed

I bet they will fire him. Everyday he’s there the Internet will protest. Can you imagine the damage to the Google brand?

In fact the guy is so toxic he better leave the state altogether. No one will hire him here. Better luck at Fox News or Breitbart.

1 Like

China + India = 37% of world population, why is there an urgency to enter other markets other than to show that you can and is a global market player.

including ASEAN > 50% of world population.

Asia > 60% of world population.

My prediction is that Google will not fire him. They may pay him to leave if it’s legal and if this guy value money more than his political view. If it’s a buyout, it should be a huge amount

If he is fired, there would be a huge political backlash. If he is not fired, there’s also a huge political backlash. It’s an interesting time for Google

Did our woman members spend time to read his long article? Only man are commenting on this so far

And Alibaba and Tencent are entering the Indian market? Amazon is killing Flipcart, Facebook’s WhatsApp completely locks out WeChat.

I like Alibaba, Tencent, JD and MoMo because the Chinese market is gigantic by itself. But Facebook and Amazon are always going to be worth more than Alibaba and Tencent because the globe is a bigger market than China.

Keep up with your news. You’re an shareholder of these companies.

The e-commerce retail battle for India heats up as Alibaba steps in

Tencent: China’s online giant jumps into India’s e-commerce frenzy

Do you know that One Belt, One Road doesn’t include the America continent?
American media is quick to judge that will fail, Here’s why China’ One Belt, One Road is doomed to fail. Read too many American news media, your thought would be biased and can’t evaluate objectively.

2 Likes

A new poll

AZ reports

Fortune reports

NBC

“The man who wrote the memo also sounded off this weekend, saying there is sexism at work, but he added that some ideas are “too sacred to be honestly discussed” at Google.
He said the company needs to be more open to conservative ideals.”

I knew these. Alibaba and Tencent are investing in local startups. Amazon is building its operation there. WhatsApp is wholly owned by Facebook.

Huge difference.

Here’s another Alibaba investment. This time in Indonesia:

https://www.techinasia.com/jd-alibaba-tokopedia

Compare that with Amazon:

See the difference?

Your bias is favoring the American companies’ way as the only correct way of doing thing. Not doing the American way is wrong and not successful. I bet you don’t understand and don’t agree with that Googler. That guy’s view is almost exactly what I feel, some I don’t agree though.

There is actually nothing wrong with investing as opposed to building. Remember, Yahoo!'s brilliant investment into Alibaba saved itself from a total meltdown. Yahoo was only interested in investing in that case. And to be honest, I think that was the right move as opposed to actually trying to build a similar operation competing against the local. Would not have worked.

1 Like

Our view is completely different. I think he should replace Danielle as the VP for diversity, integrity and governance. I dislike her response to that manifesto.

I guess correctly. American way is objectively better, you have already made the judgement, evidences don’t matter.

Yup. I don’t agree with that guy at all.

The “American” way of doing things is objectively better. Amazon and Facebook controls the operations and pockets all the profits. Taking a minor stake in local startups give doesn’t give Alibaba and Tencent control.

Yahoo is gone man. RIP.

Um… it did go away but at least did not wipe out its investors because of its “investment”.

So, don’t underestimate the power of investing! It’s every bit as potent as building your own things.

Another example: what has warren Buffet built? His company is a pure investment play.

1 Like

Sometimes people have an opinion and they don’t like to debate. They just repeat their opinion in different ways

Good point! Sometimes you are so sure about something it’s not even worth debating.

For example, I believe in evolution. Do not try to convince me otherwise. End of subject.

[quote=“wuqijun, post:76, topic:2843”]
I believe in evolution.
[/quote]For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible

1 Like

Hmm… should I start a poll here to ask who believes in it and who doesn’t???

Go for it. You have the right to poll and no privacy invasion

I read the 10 pages. It was some thought on company policy and it seems to be intended to start a conversation and not a very extreme opinion.

That guy classify himself as “classical liberal”. His thought could represent an important aspect of millennial opinions. It went viral within hours and could be the focus of a debate for some time

Ok sure, feel free to chime in :grin: