Gun Control

I am a hunter… AR 15s are not hunting weapons. Most states only allow a five shot magazine max for hunting. In fact AR15s are a semi auto version of the M16
And can handle a 100shot magazine… the .223 cartridge was designed to kill men not animals… It is too light a round to humanely take down a deer. It was designed light to alllow the shooter to carry more rounds to kill more enemies faster… It is in fact more lethal in the semi automatic civilian version than in the military full auto machine gun mode… In a typical rifle platoon most M16s are set in semi mode… It is is much more accurate than fully auto… Two men per platoon carry M16s in fully auto. They are for laying down cover fire for maneuverability… The fully auto noise is for a diversion not really designed to kill… The actual killing is done by the AR 15 mode shooters… To aim effectively the M16 needs to be shot one bullet at a time… not sprayed out in a machine mode. So ironically the Vegas shooter would have killed a lot more people if he had taken his time aimed and fired methodically one shot at a time at individuals instead of spraying the crowd with a bumper stock
That is why I and most serious hunters use a bolt action 5 shot rifle with a scope… In fact only one shot is needed. If that misses the deer is long gone by the second one…

1 Like

What we see is a bunch of parrots clinging to a branch of a tree chanting the famous second amendment. They are for the most part, believing an exaggeration of what the founding fathers thought. The very core of the second amendment is “a well regulated militia”. And, no matter the courts supporting the idea of owning guns as a right not supposed to be infringed, I believe that the present times call for another constitutional look at the amendment to apply it to present times. What bearing an arm meant a musket at that time, today could be interpreted and it’s interpreted as owning a weapon of mass destruction. As seen in Las Vegas and Florida.

Of course, we got to point out the finger to those with a conservative mind, which in turn is so perverse when we see the end result. Or, why not, so stupid and most of times so funny you pee in your pants.

How on earth, a conservative Christian can support anybody owning guns when we know the teachings of Christ saying when they slap you, you put the other cheek. Do we agree on that teaching or we are hypocrite Christians? How about you shall not kill?

So, this morning, a dumb, stupid, idiotic press report appeared on my radar. I couldn’t less than laugh at the situation. It shows you that those supporting the idea that everybody should be armed to defend themselves against those who are armed and dangerous is just a circus event or baloney.

A husband and wife pair was accidentally shot in a Tennessee church after discussing church shootings with members of their place of worship.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-accidentally-shoots-himself-and-wife-in-church-while-discussing-recent-church-shooting/ar-BBF4xOm?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=ue01dhp

Old people need to be on a cruise ship “hurting” themselves…

1 Like

Hopefully, this nut job doesn’t get his hands on any military grade rifles…

1 Like

What I want to know is why don’t we catch more of them before the act? We have all this surveillance thanks to the Patriot Act. What are they doing with it? These people usually spend months planning.

Well, here we are with this perfect husband material (after he kills his wife of course) for @harriet. I mean, he has made some serious threats, so what is society gonna do about it? Let him buy 49 military grade rifles after a background check? Hopefully not…

1 Like

Anyone with history of domestic dispute and violence will fail the background check. It cracks me up when people advocate for laws that they don’t know already exist. Maybe the bigger issue is we prosecute <1% of people try to illegally buy a gun by lying on the application. If there’s no fear of consequences from the laws, then the laws are meaningless.

I would agree that we need to enforce the laws fully, which apparently judges don’t want to do, but like I have said before I think it makes sense to remove the weaponry that really has no place in a civilized society completely out of the equation so that would be one less variable to worry about.

1 Like

Pistols are only good for killing under one hundred feet.
AR15s are lethal too over a thousand yards. Offensive capability 30x compared to pistols … in fact long guns are useless in small quarters… Purely offensive weapons

1 Like

My humble opinion is that these Christians, or anybody else supporting the killing via mass murderers by staying silent on how we interpret the 2nd amendment on the issue of rifles that shouldn’t be in the hands of civilians, are just hypocrite or they don’t care, unless death knocks on their door. Too much second amendment Kool-Aid.

We need those weapons of mass killing out of the hands of civilians, period! Whatever, however, whichever you do it, not a problem with me. Whoever alleges the “govern-mint” is coming to ge him is nuts. My faith is so strong after I didn’t see Obama taking over Texas during the Jade Helm exercise couple of years ago. :thinking:

As a sort of former refugee, I know, but I can’t tell you many things, but the scant details of what I have heard from the very witnesses or perpetrators of mass murders back in my country of origin, and the favorite tool was the AR15 or the M16. Just to give you an advance, the guy who introduced “Christianity” aka Evangelism into my former country was sent by Reagan to establish that religion to fight the Catholicism. Thousands of people died in that “war”, to the tone of 200,000 but you never heard of it. Mostly innocent civilians, kidnapped, tortured, shot on the streets, thrown on the ocean, buried somewhere or as the native population, they were rounded up, put in the middle of a corn field, they were then shot, or simply they threw gasoline around the field and lit the fire. Imagine Vietnam episode 2.

So, we can dig into that book called bible, printed, interpreted, twisted so many time to please the flavor of the day, or the king on the throne, or the pope, whoever is more powerful. But the truth is that to be a Christian, you have to obey and follow everything Christ said, everything! And using your fist to defend yourself against another person slapping you doesn’t qualify. I am pretty sure about that.
Speaking of that book, from which you read mass murders were the glorious pastime of that vindictive God, you either follow it to the spirit of the letter, or you don’t. By choosing what to believe or what to do, any Christian is just using it as a dictionary to find the sweetest word to make that preaching night unforgettable.

I heard there’s a passage there that prohibits to wear 2 types of fabrics. And you can be sacrificed or killed if you work on the Sabbath. Or, sacrifice one or your kids. And, as I said, put the other cheek if they insult you. You know, as we have seen in the Christian movies, Christians stand just there letting anybody or the lion kill them because God is coming to protect them. Don’t tell me I am naïve, I lost so much time watching those movies. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

So, if I am going to believe anything religious, I would be very pragmatic about it. Show me the money.

As in this case, how ungodly, they don’t believe in God coming to protect them? Jesus!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-church-warns-at-every-door-we-are-heavily-armed/ar-BBFbMs2?ocid=ientp

Reading about Pragmatism, I found this:

Joseph Margolis, in Historied Thought, Constructed World (California, 1995), makes a distinction between “existence” and “reality”. He suggests using the term “exists” only for those things which adequately exhibit Peirce’s Secondness: things which offer brute physical resistance to our movements. In this way, such things which affect us, like numbers, may be said to be “real”, although they do not “exist”. Margolis suggests that God, in such a linguistic usage, might very well be “real”, causing believers to act in such and such a way, but might not “exist”.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Missing-Pieces-Tracing-Stolen-Guns-Across-America-and-the-Bay-Area-459167073.html

What would the prosecution rate be? It’s a felony to lie on the form to buy a gun. We prosecute less than 1% of the cases, so it’s meaningless that it’s a law. I honestly don’t know anyone that legally buys a gun and wouldn’t report the sale. You’re asking for a no-knock search warrant to be served if that gun is ever used in a crime. If someone is doing straw purchases, I’m sure you can find a bunch of other laws they are breaking as well.

What, when, blah, blah, blah.
Shut up and give solutions. Too much ranting about whatever.

We missed this shooting.

A pump-action, AR-15-style rifle was used to fire at least 20 rounds during the shooting, police said at a Wednesday news conference. Another 850 rounds and what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle with ammunition magazines were found in his car, police said. (Authorities had earlier described both weapons as being semi-automatic rifles.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-miracle-more-werent-shot-by-rifle-toting-man/ar-BBEZsID?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ue01dhp

How about the first solution is enforcing existing laws? More laws won’t help if there’s no enforcement of them. How about stricter sentencing for felons, since most murderers have a prior felony conviction? How about tighter monitoring of felons after they are paroled? How about stricter penalties for domestic violence, since most of these assholes have a history of it? What about the mass killers that were on big pharma drugs? How about we hold big pharma accountable for drugs that may cause delusions including suicidal thoughts and tendencies?

Nope, you’ll just keep crying about assault weapons which are used in less than 2% of gun homicides. Yeah, you’re really going to fix the problem.

F them idiots.

Tens of thousands of people wanted by law enforcement officials have been removed this year from the FBI criminal background check database that prohibits fugitives from justice from buying guns.

The names were taken out after the FBI in February changed its legal interpretation of “fugitive from justice” to say it pertains only to wanted people who have crossed state lines.

What that means is that those fugitives who were previously prohibited under federal law from purchasing firearms can now buy them, unless barred for other reasons.

Two years ago, Dylann Roof, who killed nine people at a historic black church in Charleston, S.C., was able to buy his gun after errors by the FBI and local law enforcement led to his name not being entered into criminal record databases when he was arrested and had admitted to drug possession.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/tens-of-thousands-with-outstanding-warrants-purged-from-background-check-database-for-gun-purchases/ar-BBFvI5E?ocid=ientp

Yeah, that’s the same government you want to run healthcare. You better hope a database error doesn’t lead to a doctor killing you.

Ok, Mr Sleepless In Seattle, what should this idiot’s punishment be? Gotta be at least 5-10 years right?

200 yards with a pistol… That is nearly impossible… Why would the guy shoot that far in low light… obviously had no idea what his target was. negligent homicide