Gun Control

It’s probably because they cover what people watch or click to read. It’s really harmful to society as a whole though. It’s how people become misinformed. Honestly, the non-stop barrage of negativity is why I can’t stand the news. If you watch it, you’ll think the world is going to end multiple times a week.

I agree with @elt1 on terrorists and the other mass killings. One of the biggest things those crazy people want is notoriety. The media hands it to them on a silver platter. They know they’ll be famous after death. People always end up knowing the name of the mass killers.

Hmmm.

We need more guns to protect ourselves…wait!

Not even the cops can defend themselves. :laughing:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/state-police-4-officers-hurt-in-shooting-in-south-carolina/ar-AAuL6hR?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Mr Seattle!!!

https://www.sfgate.com/news/education/article/The-Latest-Florida-high-school-shooter-still-at-12614105.php

Imagine if we had a law that prevented people from taking guns onto school property. Then we wouldn’t have school shootings. Once we making it illegal, then we can post signs that say it’s illegal to have guns on school property. Everyone will be safe.

How many school shootings did we have when schools had competitive riffle teams? It wasn’t that long ago schools had target ranges on campus and competed against other schools.

1 Like

I will bet the casualty will be much smaller if the military style weapons are banned and the shooter used a hand gun.

1 Like

Just ban weapons with removable magazines and clips.
Five rounds max. Ban semiautomatic pistols. Revolvers only. If someone has to reload a bullet at a time they can easily be tackled by innocent victims…AR15s hold 30 rounds and you can tape another 30 round magazine to it…That’s 60 rounds that can be fired in 30 seconds…One guy with one gun and 2 magazines can kill 30-60 people in less than a minute…That is a weapon of mass destruction…More deadly than most strapped on bombs.

Time to buy gun stocks. Every Time there is a shooting prices go up.
Smith and Wesson makes the cheapest AR15 I could find.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii

How do you figure? AR-15 is semi auto fire which is the same as a hand gun. Hand gun can reload full clip at a time just like an AR-15. Most states limit clip capacity, so they’d be able to have the same number of rounds per clip. They’d have the same firing rate, same rounds per clip, and same clip reload capability.

1 Like

That is exactly what we have been saying all along but some pro gunners keep harping that if we take away those particular ones what is going to stop you from taking even handguns away? Well, there aren’t any guarantees but it is fairly ludicrous to say that one needs thousands of rounds and military grade weapons for supposedly hunting. Come on…

Body armor can stop a 9mm pistol…An AR15 bullet is a cop killer can go right thru a bullet proof vest and out the back…5 times the lethal power of a pistol and 10 times the effective range…Out to 600 yards. And much more accurate. I say ban both…Except shotguns, revolvers and bolt action hunting rifles

2 Likes

But but we need AR15s to hunt…

Signed,

Mr. Seattle

Wouldn’t you think police would be leading the charge to pass laws to restrict gun ownership? They aren’t. What does that tell you?

1 Like

I think we just need a law to distinguish weapons for self defense and weapons for mass killing. If a handgun is configured in a way to cause massive casualties in a short period of time, then that type of handgun should be banned also. Those weapons are for military, not for civilian population.

Used to cost $1500 for a AR15…now down to $500…These are becoming so unaffordable to become available to teenagers and gangbangers…Too many and to cheap. Cheaper than pistols…

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ruger-ar-556-semi-automatic-556-nato-161-barrel-30-rounds?a=1815207

My wife wants one of there for her birthday…Should I be worried?

They’re stupid???

1 Like

Usually gun stock prices spike after mass shooting…Panic buying in anticipation of a ban…So common now, there is no effect…
https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/rgr/historical

We’re focusing on symptoms not causes. The AR-15 has been available to the public for 50 years. Why is it only prominent in mass shootings the last 10 years? It literally wasn’t an issue for 40 years.

Why do most shooters have history of mental health issues? Why are mental health issues at an all-time high in the US? The number of people on anti depressant or anti anxiety drugs is sky rocketing. Why do most mental health drugs list horrible side effects like suicidal thoughts? How much is related to all the chemicals pumped into our food while the same chemicals are banned in Europe? They don’t seem to have the same increase in mental health issues that the US does.

Society is undergoing a massive change in brain chemistry. We have no idea why. We have no idea if drugs are helping the issue or making it worse. If we don’t address that, guns will be the least of our issues. You can take them away, and people will just find another means to violence.

Calling people stupid who live with the issue on a daily basis and have more experience than all of us combined is ignorant. Maybe they realize laws won’t stop criminals from getting guns any more than drug laws aren’t preventing an opioid crisis across America.

1 Like

Ar15s were hard to get and expensive…Now everyone wants one, they are cheap and every mass shooting is an advertisement for nuts to buy them…They are so cheap I might but one myself…Just to show off to my pistol shooting buddies at the range…Cheaper more accurate and much deadlier…

1 Like

Well, let’s ask cops in countries where guns are banned essentially for their opinion on the subject then. If cops honestly don’t see the sense of removing military grade weapons from the street/ownership I really don’t know what to say to that. To just accept the status quo is the problem with this country. Everyone “knows” the answer so we shouldn’t do better or try to improve the situation while innocent lives are cut down. I like to think we are better than that.