Gun Control

Thanks Chiapet828.

Your voice of reason was needed to make some people here understand that this is not a democrats versus republicans but a plea to make people move to determine if we keep losing tens of our people in senseless shootings.

The reasoning is lost when we hear the gun industry henchmen repeating the vague notion that by eliminating any type of guns the second amendment is gone. As anybody liking to drink beer, others whisky, others rum, we find people on every forum, at work, anywhere, stuck to the what I call stupid and obsolete idea of owning a machine gun or a gun capable of killing tens of human beings in seconds.

They are sick with what I call “the second amendment syndrome”.

If guns are made illegal is everyone going to move to the least safe parts of Oakland? They’ll be completely safe once guns are illegal. Imagine the profit to be had once guns are banned and crime rates drop.

Mr. Seattle,

Times change. Rules that applied 200 years ago do not apply today. We really shouldn’t have such destructive tools in the hands of our citizens. If anything, this case with Mr. Retired Accountant, is perhaps the perfect example of why we should ban at least the semi rifles. If someone as relatively squeaky clean (as far as we know) as he was somehow does the Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde thing and gets crowned Mr. US Mass Murderer #1, shouldn’t that scare or worry you about practically anyone else? This guy had money and was obviously fairly intelligent. And sure, I believe it was reported that he may have been on meds but this is why we shouldn’t complete the chain of destruction by allowing people the right to buy, oh, FORTY SEVEN guns!!! Let’s be honest, no one needs 47 of anything!!!

2 Likes

Poor guy, trying to defend an old train of thought. Obsolete ideas, ignorant obsession with guns.

This is the worst video I’ve ever seen…watch, try not to puke…The ass kissing is tremendous:

Exactly. No one is going to move their family to an area with a high homicide rate if guns are made illegal. Those areas would supposedly be safe if guns were illegal. What is there to worry about? The fact no one would move their family shows how much everyone believes banning guns would solve the homicide rate.

The recent tragedy showed us the unintelligent agenda of the republicans or those, even democrats, supporting the obsolete idea or mantra of the second amendment “right to own a gun, even the ones that killed 58 people and 1 animal in Las Vegas”.

Now, they are finding out the guy wasn’t that dummy. He had bought or sought to buy a ticket for another event in NY.

Animals like him are abundant, and their majority are conservative. Just make them go bankrupt, a girlfriend sending them to hell, they want more money than the one they are getting and you will have a recipe for disaster.

The answer from the republican party, the thirsty blood party? Make silencers legal. That will do it!

Buy more guns! That will make you so safe, ask the police force in Las Vegas hiding while that guy was shooting people like pigeons.

Look at this video, it will show you all the republicans on the NRA pockets.

Small, small concession…but it is a start (the eternal optimist).

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/article/The-Latest-Speaker-is-open-to-idea-of-bump-12255578.php

Yup, regulate that while 3/4 of gun homicides are with a hand gun. That’ll solve everything.

Mass shooting deaths are far less common than people think:

Again, why don’t you go naked and cancel all of your insurance policies. You don’t need them, right? What are the chances that you will get into a car accident or your home will be damaged? Very, very remote. Come on, do it. What could happen???

1 Like

Jesus! When is this guy going to concede he is in the wrong side of the story?

I bet he wouldn’t have the guts to go to visit one of the families hurt by this incident and tell them that massacres are not that common. Maybe he would change his stance, the day one of his family members are a victim of those “few massacres”.

This is not about republicans-democrats puffing until turning red. It is not a pissing contest when we are talking about the losing of the lives of innocent people, including kids. It got to stop! Period!

Jesus Christ!

What do you think you will prevent by doing it? 11,000 homicides a year. 300M guns which means 0.004% of guns are used in a homicide each year. Meanwhile, 2.5M guns are used to deter crime from happening. I’ll take those odds and that risk/benefit analysis any day. Banning guns isn’t going to make Detroit or Chicago any safer.

What’s even funnier is people living in a sanctuary city are more worried about guns than welcoming in large numbers of refugees. Europe is way ahead of us on the refugee thing, and how’s that going? Notice gun laws don’t keep them safe. They either still get guns or they use bombs, vehicles, etc.

A dose of Common Sense , from a friend of a friend of a friend:

"If the Mandalay Bay hotel had caught fire and 58 people died and 500+ people were injured trying to escape, America would be having a discussion about how to make hotels safer.

"If 58 people at the concert had died and 500+ people went to the hospital due to food poisoning, America would be having a conversation about how to make food safer.

"If a gas tanker accident on I-15, the freeway that runs through Las Vegas, had killed 58 people and injured 500+, there would be demands to make our roads safer.

"It is not ‘political’ to demand that lawmakers take steps to reduce deaths from gun violence any more than it is ‘political’ to demand better fire codes, stricter food inspections, and safer roads.

"Think about and pray for the people of Las Vegas as much as you want or need. But then do something about it.

Or at least vote for people who will.

Does, oh, 50 lives matter enough to you??? Mr. Retired Accountant would have at most killed a handful of people had he only had “regular” guns. F**king coward. Oh, big man, perched up 32 floors and armed with military level weapons. POS!!!

1 Like

Poor Marcus, really…he doesn’t get it.

It’s true about Australia. 12 days after the last or first massacre they had, the politicians sat on a table and drafted something to put guns away for good.

I know this is political, but read the long list of politicians in the NRA pockets. 14-15 democrats and the rest are republicans. Stounding numbers of people paid for by the NRA.

Do you believe if guns were illegal then he wouldn’t have killed anyone? He’d just give up on a quest he spent years planning. He wouldn’t acquire guns illegally or use a bomb. He’d just give up and be a peaceful citizen.

No comment is necessary. The story speaks for itself.

2 Likes

BF417F16-A303-42BC-871C-D8F357B0D799

FB4F64DE-D616-4C48-8909-59C9CB4F1F4C

Just some actual data on homicide rates. Both countries are down since 1996. Which one is down by a larger percentage? So you can think Australia’s gun ban made the safe since gun homicides dropped a ton. Total homicides dropped very little which proves my point. Banning guns doesn’t make you safer. People just choose other means to kill.

Armed robberies are higher since the ban. 800B8C9C-0FF9-4697-BC7B-39DCF591748D

US rate was 7.4 in 1996 and 4.5 in 2014. That’s a 39% decrease. Australia 1.9 to 1.2 which is 36% decrease. US has a larger decrease in homicide rate over the same time period.

Clearly Mr. Retired Accountant had money and was fairly savvy so sure even if guns were illegal he would have managed to get them illegally and still would have killed as many people as he could in the shortest time possible before getting caught or killed. But we shouldn’t practically load the guns for him by making them available legally over the counter. The same theory works with why one should install an alarm or a club on your car. You want to make it harder for the criminal to not only actually steal your car but want to steal it since he will look for an easier target.

I am skeptical but we are hearing the NRA even thinks the bump stocks that make the guns behave like fully automatic rifles should be looked at. Well, what do you think about that? How come the NRA is willing to perhaps concede on that? I don’t see the NRA going, hey, if we give in on this we will lose the whole ballgame. Far from it, unfortunately, but I live in the real world. I take wins, big or small, as they come.

2 Likes