Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Disregarding the confrontations, and the innuendo, and the funny moments and so on…

I WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am right now, as a tradition, washing the dishes I left on the sink for 3 days. That’s the way to remind me that hard labor is the beginning of a prosperous path to live comfortable the rest of your days in retirement.

I hope you were born in this country, otherwise, double your thanks because you haven’t faced the hunger, the desperation, the crime, oppression, the lack of freedoms so many Americans have and for what, sometimes, they say they will die for. Well, they are welcome to move to other countries to see how overrated their perception of freedom is in this country.

So, I thank this country and your cyber friendship. Believe me, I may sound serious, but I am a clown and a human being that if I see you in the middle of the road needing help, knowing you hate me, or don’t like me, I will stop to give you a hand. My mother’s gene right there.

May your God, or divinity :roll_eyes: :crazy_face: and your resilient attitude give you another good year. The future is bright when you are positive and open minded. And I know some of you are open to anything, and there it is, the very core of being an entrepreneur, believing in yourself, and believing you can conquer what is unknown to you. Closing your mind to new things is how entrepreneurs and investors have failed in the past.

Enjoy it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

5 Likes

Damn, I could use one of these pies from Hawaii for my gathering…

Gooble, gooble everyone!!!

Looks delicious.

You should see this bakery on Winchester Ave in SJ. I went to the dentist, couple of businesses away, hundreds upon hundreds of customers lining up to buy ham.

I am going to my wife’s brother’s house, they are hassling with the turkey, I just made rice simmered with blended carrots and red bell pepper, salt to the taste.

Well, I just came back from dinner.

I had a disastrous Thanksgiving. My other family forgot to put the right amount of heat so the turkey was raw, still like new in the oven when we arrived to their house. We had to wait for another 2 hours to eat it via stew. :crazy_face:

Haha…sounds like you should host the party next year!

What? We hosted and the party just ended. Not bad, just past 1am. This is one of the few chances we get to run the dishwasher fully loaded to clean out the lines. The catered turkey from the local 50 year plus family butcher shop was a big hit. Mash potato too was excellent, stuffing not so much. I always overestimate the soft drink amount (buy too much). Most of the folks did drink wine, beer and apple cider. My wife invited a cute single gal from work who does not have family here. Then the best news, my nephew who is in Japan to visit his girlfriend and her family did the deed: he asked her to marry her (she said yes) and he got the blessing from her old man. He asked him in fluent Japanese I hear - what a boy! Via cell phone he saw all the food he missed but yeah I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else than by his girl who is sporting one nice rock. Uncle Dragonboy is going to throw his favorite nephew one sweet bachelor party. Vegas is calling…

I just cooked a 15lb turkey in 1.5hrs … 400 degrees convection roast… the cookbooks say 4 hrs at 325
I pulled the turkey out at 160degrees. Rested for 30 min
Perfect, moist tasty and done in half the time at high altitude… Get rid of grannies cookbook…they say internal temperature should be 180… dry and inedible

1 Like

Can I hire you next year? While the catered bird was actually excellent, I am always looking to go cheaper…:grinning:

My bird cost $8 at Smart and Final. 48 cents a pound if you bought $25 in other groceries…

What’s the deal with turkey? That shit is inedible.

2 Likes

I told my family next year I am hosting that dinner. Costco has a $4.99 something chicken. Delicious. :star_struck:

I really, really hate to go to eat turkey. Last night, I saw the bird semi-cooked and my internal organs told me “if you eat that, you will get sick”.

They trashed it, they cut it in pieces and put into another pan, and cooked at high temperature, but my guts told me why are you eating that bird if you don’t like it. :roll_eyes:

The better part of that dinner was to see a 14 years old kid, with the support of 4 people beating on his first chess match against his dad, me. :triumph:

I bet you celebrated Thanksgiving the Chinese way - hot pot or roast duck/pork.

Duck, but not roast duck. Wife tried out a recipe from her classmate in China. Super delicious…

Seriously, pilgrims ate turkey out of desperation. That crap’s not meant for eating.

I went to a Chinese restaurant for Thanksgiving. Sea Cucumber, Hainan chicken, and longevity noodles… :joy:

Oh man! Why?

Anybody taking care of you after year 120?

Yes, my friendly robo-maids :wink:

1 Like

Well, I suppose when you’re used to five star Denny’s cuisine, plain old turkey just doesn’t cut it…

Come on, AMERICANS have been celebrating Thanksgiving by eating turkey for what HUNDREDS of years without complaints. There is such a thing called tradition…

Tradition?
We don’t even know why we wait with excitement for black Friday.

Slaves for sale at a discount, come and get them!

For you turkey haters here is a recipe

TURKEY RECIPE
I thought this sounded good! Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the
use of popcorn as a stuffing ingredient – imagine that. When I found this
recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure
how to tell when turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a
try.

8 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)
1 cup un-popped popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER’S LOW FAT IS BEST)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt, and
pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan making sure the
neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.
After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.

When the turkey’s ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the
room, it’s done.
And, you thought I didn’t know how to cook

1 Like