Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

I still have the GTC 148 price buy. AAPL is nearing 148 day by day ! Let us see how CNBC is correct.

If stocks tries to fill the gaps, will IRBT go to $70 to fill the gap?

Upgraded to iOS 11, now have a dock :slight_smile:
Guess once iOS 11 and macOS X are identical, is also the time for Apple to ditch Intel :slight_smile:

Received:
AirPods - Canā€™t do without items
Watch Series 3 - Display is more crispier and response very fast, pink is very pretty (my wife using it :slight_smile: )
iPhone 8 - Look way better than 7. Pink gold is the best looking, then silver then black. Bought black though because my son likes black.

If Iā€™m sfdragonboy, I would buy a gold iPhone 8 and pink Apple Watch Series 3 for his wife.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you buy those for his wife anyway. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Manch, you miss this? And she would be getting iPhone X, remember?

I heard that iPhone 8 sales are really bad. No line at all in front of Apple stores! Maybe thatā€™s why stocks are falling. I hope iPhone x can salvage the situation.

Donā€™t most people order online now? It used to be stores got all the units and online orders had to wait weeks. Thatā€™s not how it is now. It might be a bad sign I can order now and it ships in 1-3 days. Either the manufacturing is better or demand is lower. It could be bullish if people are waiting for the X.

2 Likes

@sfdragonboy is too cheap to buy the X for his hot wife. Big mistake!!

Me and wife will get the 8 Plus. Not a fan of that big bad notch.

Unknown

2 Likes

LineGate :joy: I went to the Cupertino store to collect the iPhone 8 and Apple Watch Series 3, there are two lines, one for reserved and one for walk-in. After 2 hours of opening, no more walk-in lines because all iPhone 8 and Apple Watch series 3 were sold out.

1 Like

True, I am waiting for iPhone X, not interested in 8 or 8+.

Source: Why Slow iPhone 8 Sales May Be a Good Sign for Apple - WSJ

By Tripp Mickle in San Francisco and Yoko Kubota in Beijing
Updated Sept. 22, 2017 1:29 p.m. ET

When new iPhones hit the market, they usually fly off the shelves. But with the two models that began selling Friday, there are signs demand is tepidā€”and some analysts say that could be a good thing for Apple Inc. AAPL -0.98%

The paradox arises from Appleā€™s unusual lineup this year. It includes the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus that arrived Friday, plus the far pricier and advanced iPhone X scheduled to arrive six weeks later, which many Apple investors expect to be this yearā€™s blockbuster.

Any sluggishness in iPhone 8 sales could signal more appetite for the iPhone X, said Katy Huberty, an analyst with Morgan Stanley . ā€œFrom a financial standpoint, thatā€™s the best outcomeā€ for Apple, she said, because the more expensive, higher-margin model would boost revenue and profits.

People waiting for iPhone X is not necessarily all good news for Apple. Apple creates the iPhone X because some key components like OLED screens canā€™t be produced at a large enough scale for regular iPhones. So supply constraints will likely be around for a long time, not unlike the wireless headphones.

Anyway the September quarter will be shot. If supply constraints are as bad as feared the holiday quarter will be in big trouble.

Supply constraint is never a problem. Tesla has not gone a day without supply constraints and it has not affected the company in the least bit.

Problem arises if there is an abundance of supply and lack of demand.

1 Like

Supply problem doesnā€™t bother Tesla because people are mesmerized by Musk. Itā€™s practically a cult. Every time Tesla slips on its own schedule Musk just promised more, and people just magically bought it.

Same thing could happen to Apple if Steve Jobs were still around. But now the reality distortion field is gone. Tim Cook is not exactly a charismatic CEO.

2 Likes

Wrong and wrong. Please re-visit your Econ 101 textbook where they talk about the supply and demand curves.

Well, those curves assume suppliers increase prices to capture bigger profit. That brings to my 2nd point. Apple should have set the iPhone X price much higher. It should have been closer to $2000 than $1000.

1 Like

??? Reallyā€¦ ok so if I doubled the price of my Sunset home to $3M maybe there will be twice the demand for thatā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

NO. If they price it at $2000, it will be a flop. For any company, the last person to hit is customer. The prices are determined by competition. If they price $2000, people will go to samsung and Apple will be bankrupt.

Presently, they price it nicely with $1000. Apple will meet its target this qtr and next qtr easily.

Again, Apple flubbed big time on releasing so many versions. Either do the 8 like we were saying forever and load that sucker with every bell and whistle possible and you stockholders would have been rewarded generously. But no, the brilliant brains at Apple thought they could be greedy by making their dessert and eating it too by releasing an X too. Then, why buy an ā€œoldā€ version of the 8 then??? Would you go and buy a 2016 brand new vehicle now if one were available? NO!!!

Check out the benchmark differences between iphone7/7plus & iphone8/8 plus on Youtube.

https://www.consumerreports.org/smartphones/early-test-results-iphone-8-and-8-plus/

Thereā€™s a price delta. The iPhone $600+ ASP is already way ahead of everyone else. A $999 starting price would hurt volumes.

Doesnā€™t matter, I still would have only issued one new phone at a time. You have to think like a drug dealerā€¦first ones are free then you string the user along. Yes, an Iphone is like a kilo of crackā€¦ and priced like it apparently!!!:grinning:

1 Like