Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Technical picture of weekly chart portends price weakness.
Would be doing nothing, also expect wuqijun would do nothing too, because we have already bought and hopefully hold forever.
I use to long puts to capture such weaknesses but don’t find it that profitable so no longer interested in trampoline.
Having said above, have always evaluated whether it is time to sell all AAPL holdings regularly :grinning: I am the type who believe in CEO (and his management team) and not really interested in quarterly result nor one or two product fumbles. I have confidence in Tim Cook and his team.

IMO, AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, FB gets into stablized companies rank. It is good to have these companies woth 25% of the cash/stock.

Rest of the 75% on aggressive companies.

He is talking about product :grinning: I think he is right. He doesn’t mean it for investment or marriage :wink: Are you secretly itching to change partner :expressionless:

Aggressive companies:

1. TSLA
  2. TSLA
  3. TSLA

My looks and health is on steady decline. So my wife is likely the best partner I can ever find.

My money is growing though. One should always evaluate portfolio as if it’s Day 1, to quote Bezos. How long you have been holding something should not matter at all. To me there are better opportunities than AAPL.

There is no right or wrong. I am not trying to convince anyone. Just sharing my thoughts.

1 Like

:sob:

Concluding that she is the best partner that you can ever find doesn’t mean you’ve not being itching to change. Sound like you have evaluated and conclude that she is the best partner :roll_eyes:

If I treated my marriage as a business. Sounds like you are treating your Apple investment as a marriage.

I was just teasing you :rofl:

Happy New Year

1 Like

Happy new year to you too.

I suspect 2018 market will be more tricky than last year. Volatility may come back and bite our ass. Best of luck everybody.

What’s the worst that can happen? You just lose it all and go get a job flipping burgers at McDonald’s. No big deal! :rofl:

Asian market is about to open. 2018 officially begins. :money_mouth_face:

LOS ANGELES — Once again, the iPhone was the best-selling tech product of 2017, selling more units than the No. 2 through No. 5 products combined.

According to Daniel Ives, an analyst with GBH Insights, who compiled the chart for USA TODAY, Apple will sell 223 million iPhones in 2017, up from 211 million phones the previous year.

The rest of the top 5:

Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8 smartphones: 33 million
Amazon Echo Dot connected speakers: 24 million
Apple Watch: 20 million
Nintendo Switch video game console: 15 million

Happy New Year @Roy321!!!

1 Like

Wish all forum members a very happy new year!

Happy New Year

1 Like

Wow!
Look like Apple might split Apple Watch as a separate category in its earning report.

Yepp! Big surprise for me too. I hope it has a big upside.

Ok, Apple is def trying to make amends asap…

Since I have nothing better to do, searching webs for articles for why I said the hesitant investor is quoting past stories:

iPhone’s double-edged sword: Big sales, big risk for Apple dated Jan 28, 2015

Apple’s flagship smartphone drove record sales and profits for the Cupertino, Calif., electronics maker in the final quarter of 2014. However, the heavy mix of iPhone sales again highlighted the company’s dependence on a single product line, putting it at risk down the line.

About 69 percent of Apple’s $74.6 billion revenue came from its smartphone, far more than its typical level closer to 50 percent. iPhone sales, for example, made up 56 percent of revenue in the year-earlier period and in its fiscal fourth quarter that ended in September.

Is Apple a luxury brand? dated Apr 29, 2015

Apple has pretty much become mass-market, not luxury, in most of their product categories. Their prices have dropped somewhat relative to close rivals in many categories, as I understand it, so that’s one measure of non-luxury status.
From where I am standing Apple is not a luxury brand. Apple is a premium brand and there is a difference. Think Lexus, not Ferrari.

Technical picture is already responded earlier.

I am really bored to read the same worries and same stories year after year.