Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

163.30 USD −4.49 (2.67%)
Feb 2, 10:05 AM EST ·

1 Like

Man, even I may have to jump in if it goes to my target buy price of 150…

What? I thought you don’t touch stocks.

1 Like

Correct, but even I have to consider changing my stripes if it makes sense to. I would probably tell my wifey to do something with her cash that is sitting idle in low interest bearing accounts now that we have that home equity safety net for emergencies.

So, @harriet, are you digging how some of our posters have brought out their A photo games?

1 Like

I am just glad they don’t “resemble” the celebrities I like…instant image tarnishment right there.

1 Like

A Can’t-Miss Buying Opportunity Into Apple Has Developed

The key here is to wait for a bounce.

Waiting for a bounce off of trendline support in Apple is important for two key reasons: It’s the spot where shares have the most room to move up before they hit resistance, and it’s the spot where the risk is the least (because shares have the least room to move lower before the channel breaks, invalidating the upside trade). Remember, all trend lines do eventually break, but by actually waiting for the bounce to happen first, you’re ensuring Apple can actually still catch a bid along that line before you put your money on shares.

1 Like

I would buy more but I’m fully invested. My husband always have (too much) idle cash sitting around and I’ve been sweetly nudging him to buy. Alas, I don’t think he will.

1 Like

But, but, I was saving my money up just to buy the X which apparently has an answering bug…

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3021021/iphone-11-iphone-x-plus-release-date-price-specs-intel-to-be-exclusive-supplier-of-modems

What’s a phone call? That’ll be the next Apple commercial that’ll make people angrier than the “what’s a computer?” one.

1 Like

Again, mostly red.
Green so far,
AAPL - Yay
AMZN - Yay for marcus335 or whoever owned it
INTC
NTNX - Yay
PANW - Yay
SPLK - Yay
Look like we got the right stocks :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s odd banks are selling off just as hard as everything else. They should benefit from the yield curve getting steeper. This selloff is indiscriminate. People are just blindly selling everything.

Could be margin calls or selling funds or shorting ETFs and their derivatives. Is a problem with too many index/ mutual funds and ETFs. This is the time to buy fundamentally strong stocks that are being thrown out with the water.

1 Like

1 Like

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/02/11/google-is-getting-ahead-of-apple/#aaa97657d88d

Oh the irony, when one of Google’s biggest recent innovations is Android which was a ripoff of iOS.

2 Likes
1 Like

@hanera is a fan of selling puts and convinced me there are times it makes sense. I like it when I have cash, but don’t want to buy anything at current prices. I haven’t sold a put and used the money to buy a call yet.

If you think AAPL is going to resume rallying into $180 in short order, you can do a reverse calendar. The back month and front month/ week depends on your assessment of how quick Apple recovers. For example, say you think AAPL can recover to $180 by end Feb, the reverse calendar could be:

Long 3 Mar 2 calls $160
Short LEAPS 2019 calls $160

Close the reverse calendar once AAPL is around $!80 :slight_smile:
$4500 per calendar for zero capital outlay !!!

The number of configuration with options is nearly infinite :slight_smile: depends on your creative juices :rofl: Ranging from very conservative to very aggressive, from simple to extremely complex… can configure option position to profit from any scenario :man_dancing: First, you have to get your scenario right.

1 Like

Apple could be rethinking its release cycle for iOS and macOS

How soon would iOS and macOS merge?
How soon would Mac also use ARM CPU?
In early days of PC revolution, a computer can have two CPUs and runs two OSes, toggle through a hardware switch. Why is it not in vogue anymore? Virtual machines are sufficient or more flexible?