Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Innovators are not very sensitive to price… fairly price inelastic. If Apple thinks only innovators will buy iPhone X, can price as high as possible.

I’m not sure whether iPhone X has past early adopters phase yet.

163.30 USD −4.49 (2.67%)
Feb 2, 10:05 AM EST ·

Man, even I may have to jump in if it goes to my target buy price of 150…

What? I thought you don’t touch stocks.

Correct, but even I have to consider changing my stripes if it makes sense to. I would probably tell my wifey to do something with her cash that is sitting idle in low interest bearing accounts now that we have that home equity safety net for emergencies.

So, @harriet, are you digging how some of our posters have brought out their A photo games?

I am just glad they don’t “resemble” the celebrities I like…instant image tarnishment right there.

A Can’t-Miss Buying Opportunity Into Apple Has Developed

The key here is to wait for a bounce.

Waiting for a bounce off of trendline support in Apple is important for two key reasons: It’s the spot where shares have the most room to move up before they hit resistance, and it’s the spot where the risk is the least (because shares have the least room to move lower before the channel breaks, invalidating the upside trade). Remember, all trend lines do eventually break, but by actually waiting for the bounce to happen first, you’re ensuring Apple can actually still catch a bid along that line before you put your money on shares.

I would buy more but I’m fully invested. My husband always have (too much) idle cash sitting around and I’ve been sweetly nudging him to buy. Alas, I don’t think he will.

But, but, I was saving my money up just to buy the X which apparently has an answering bug…

What’s a phone call? That’ll be the next Apple commercial that’ll make people angrier than the “what’s a computer?” one.

Again, mostly red.
Green so far,
AAPL - Yay
AMZN - Yay for marcus335 or whoever owned it
INTC
NTNX - Yay
PANW - Yay
SPLK - Yay
Look like we got the right stocks :slight_smile:

It’s odd banks are selling off just as hard as everything else. They should benefit from the yield curve getting steeper. This selloff is indiscriminate. People are just blindly selling everything.

Could be margin calls or selling funds or shorting ETFs and their derivatives. Is a problem with too many index/ mutual funds and ETFs. This is the time to buy fundamentally strong stocks that are being thrown out with the water.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/02/11/google-is-getting-ahead-of-apple/#aaa97657d88d

Oh the irony, when one of Google’s biggest recent innovations is Android which was a ripoff of iOS.

@hanera is a fan of selling puts and convinced me there are times it makes sense. I like it when I have cash, but don’t want to buy anything at current prices. I haven’t sold a put and used the money to buy a call yet.