Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

2 Likes

You go to it? I went once when I was working there. It was when Steve Jobs was CEO. Q&A was hilarious, because he wasn’t at all patient or polite to people. He came very close to directly calling someone an idiot. He was very blunt about if you don’t trust his judgment then don’t be a shareholder.

Inaugural shareholder meeting in Steve Jobs Theatre :grinning:

Tim Cook is polite and friendly.

He said no one-time dividend but hint that next dividend increase might be higher than 10% :slight_smile: Higher pay rise !

2 Likes

Did you ask Tim why the fuck MBP still only got 16GB ram?? :rage:

1 Like

Mine is also 16GB and is enough. According to the activity monitor, the usage is normally below 10 GB even if you open many windows and applications. The biggest culprit is CNBC and some f… web pages that keep growing itself if you leave the Safari open… Apple solves it recently by re-loading the page automatically. So no longer have “slow response” when opening too many Safari windows.

I am still waiting for 32GB and it’s been a painful wait. I normally have safari and excel open, plus occasionally adobe stuff like bridge and photoshop. 16GB is just not “pro” enough.

You sure it is not due to your use of Yelp 24/7??? :grinning:

Can’t you pay for an upgrade? I know they screw you on the price, and you can’t upgrade yourself later anymore. The memory chips are soldered onto the motherboard to make the laptop thinner.

You can replace RAM and processors in new iMacs, but there’s a catch

Mine is Mac Pro and is user replaceable. Max is 16GB, can’t go any higher.

For old iMac, is user replaceable. I have upgraded the memory and harddisk myself.

It’s the CPU actually. So most of the blame is on Intel. But Apple should have ditched them long ago. Apple now has the best semiconductor design team in the world.

3 Likes

How is that freaking possible???

Except for People who are doing graphics stuff, do most other people need more than 16 gb ram? I have a 16 gb MacBook pro, and I generally do not reach 16 gb usage, & if it does(when I have large # of windows & applications open), page swapping takes care of it without feeling much degradation of performance. One just needs to make sure they have decent empty hard drive space for the page swap to happen.

2 Likes

Just got an alert from my Chinese investment site WB bought up lots of Apple shares last quarter. What’s up guys? Nobody reported it to the forum? SMH.

1 Like

WB bought your shares :rofl: WB strategy may not be applicable to you. He wants to invest in companies that throws out tons of cashflows without spending too much R&D and run by rock solid management. He would use this cashflow to invest in other similar ventures. He has tons of money, billions of dollars, so he has to invest in big and safe companies, he can’t take risk like us, we took very high risk in investing in 10x winners.

1 Like

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/warren-buffetts-berkshire-hathaway-adds-apple-and-teva-shares-cuts-ibm-stake-2018-02-14

1 Like

Did WB hit the % that allow him to nominate a Director on the board?

Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. BRK.B, +1.29% BRK.A, +1.18% raised its stake in Apple Inc. AAPL, +1.84% by 31.24 million shares to 165.33 million shares as of Dec. 31 versus 134.09 million at the end of September, according to a 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It also took a new stake of 18.88 million shares in Teva Pharmaceutical Industries TEVA, +4.37% in the fourth quarter. Apple rallied 9.8% during the quarter while Teva rose 7.7% compared with S&P 500’s SPX, +1.34% 6.1% gain. However, Berkshire Hathaway slashed its stake in International Business Machine Corp. IBM, +2.66% to 2.05 million shares versus 37.03 million shares. Berkshire’s other holdings in major companies such as Bank of America Corp. BAC, +2.63% Wells Fargo & Co. WFC, +2.67% and Coca-Cola Co. KO, -0.20% were mostly unchanged.

1 Like

Maybe @hanera is too busy celebrating? Apple has said they want to be “cash neutral” meaning they’ll return all cash generated by the business to shareholders. Expect a dividend increase and massive buyback.

2 Likes

1 Like