Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-16/apple-s-new-spaceship-campus-has-one-flaw-and-it-hurts

:grin:

2 Likes

Shoot, just by the design of the ring, imagine you had a meeting directly across on the other side. I am all for exercise but that would be ridiculousā€¦

Why wouldnā€™t you just walk outside and go across the middle? People are always bragging about Bay Area weather.

1 Like

I prefer getting my steps for my health coverage discount another wayā€¦

I prefer to teleport across :slight_smile: Btw, the article is about people hitting the glass :slight_smile: Are we reading the same article?

Your avatar picture is good now !

1 Like

Yes, so I went off on a tangent on what I believe is another flaw in an Apple designed productā€¦

http://host.madison.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/suppliers-set-to-benefit-from-apple-inc-s-iphones/article_ce097520-86d4-5d87-8a82-7e7c844413d9.html

AAPL just dropped another fat paycheck into my brokerage account the other day. In several years my cost basis will drop to zero due to all these dividend payouts. I think Iā€™m finally reaping the benefit of having a strong dividend payer. I heard that they are increasing dividends by a lot next quarterā€¦ good time to stay put and enjoy all these cash flowing inā€¦ right @hanera? :wink:

2 Likes

You can choose to invest the dividends into buying more CCC rentals or go on a vacation with me to Australia to see those nudistsā€™ beaches. Your decision :grinning:

Such hard choicesā€¦ can I have the cake and eat it too??? :rofl:

Yes, similar to @Roy321ā€™s postā€¦

2 Likes

I call BS on that. When Apple reported earnings last quarter, it was obvious iPhone X was a large percent of sales based on iPhone ASP. I wonder if Apple has a second source for the display? I canā€™t think of any reason why Samsung would want people to think the iPhone X isnā€™t selling well.

1 Like

I donā€™t knowā€¦

Reports that Appleā€™s flagship phone has failed to live up to its hypeā€”billed by Apple CEO Tim Cook as the device that will ā€œset the path of technology for the next decadeā€ā€”have been coming out at a steady rate since its release in November last year.

Iā€™ll trust the iPhone ASP data. The rest is just opinions.

1 Like

Letā€™s see how it plays out thenā€¦ Looking at it objectively, does it really make sense to pay for a phone that costs that much more when we used to have phones that were free though? Sure, more tech and bells/whistles in general. I am still humming along with my 6+ and have no intention on upgrading until it dies. Now, granted I am not a phone addict like my wifey. I am your typical cheap consumer who waits for others to beta test stuff first and then I still wait another year or soā€¦

1 Like

You can make that same argument every year when a new phone is released. How much different is it from the prior phone? In fiscal year 2017 (doesnā€™t include 2017 holiday quarter), Apple sold 217M iPhones. Thatā€™s with everyone knowing something big was coming for the 10th anniversary.

Itā€™s a huge mistake as an investor to project your own behavior across the whole population as normal. Itā€™s better to use data to understand the norms.

2 Likes