Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

How many are still doing CS 10 years after graduation? I imagine the burnout rate is pretty high.

I am not familiar with those involved in R&D. I know many who are in their 50s are still in IT profession.

Full audio: Our extended, uncut interview with Apple CEO Tim Cook from Recode.

The uncut interview ā€” in this special episode of Swisherā€™s Recode Decode podcast ā€” includes new material that didnā€™t air on TV, such as more on Appleā€™s education efforts, manufacturing, immigration and Cookā€™s advice to his younger self.

Apple just made a key hire that could unravel the mystery of its content strategy

Oliver Schusser will be the new vice president of Apple Music and international content. Heā€™ll split his time between Appleā€™s Cupertino headquarters and Culver City, California, where many TV shows and movies are filmed, according to Variety, which earlier reported details of Schusserā€™s appointment. Variety also reports that Schusser was key in Appleā€™s acquisition of Shazam, which uses algorithms to identify music.

Finally a little more clarity on content strategy.

What part of no you donā€™t understand Cook!!!

Tech news from Pakistan? Founded in 2014?

The scale at which Apple buys OLED displays gives it the bargaining power to demand better prices from Samsung but keeping in view how clever those Koreans are Apple may finally have to beg for a price cut.

IQ of UCLA alumni is very low. Author is conjecturing just like a certain UCLA business major.

@sfdragonboy is scouting around the world for negative news on apple. :smile:

2 Likes

Is ok if he had read it first and did some critical thinking rather than mindlessly posting them. Now, he behaves like a headless chicken running around.

1 Like

Speaking of Samsung, they are not doing too well lately.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-04-12/the-105-billion-ghost-stock-blunder-rocking-markets-in-korea

Itā€™s funny that Samsung is going to punish the employees who sold the stocks given. No mention of the guy who made the fat finger mistake in the first place.

Sound more like Samsung is begging Apple not to hard bargain too low a price :rofl:

I didnā€™t write the articleā€¦:grin:

Shoot, I didnā€™t post this pathetic move by almighty Apple did I??? (until you made meā€¦)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-11/apple-is-the-richest-company-so-where-are-all-the-billionaires

Now you understand why WB loves AAPL so much :slight_smile: No founders giving themselves $B of RSUs and no super dilutive compensation.

2 Likes

Does Bloomberg really not understand employee vs founder equity compensation?

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-12/apple-s-stumbling-homepod-isn-t-the-hot-seller-company-wanted?cmpid=BBD041318_MKT&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=180413&utm_campaign=markets

2 Likes

13%20PM

marcus, you need to control your junior.

1 Like

Working for Apple is no fun. #SiriSucks

Are you a business major from UCLA?

How do you know heā€™s a business major and not anthropology?

Whatā€™s wrong with women studies?